December 2012 Moms

Today was just awkward

Last night, DH was heading back out of town for work, and an hour later, I have to pack up the girls to go pick him up and drive him an 1.5 hours to his job site and back, getting back to the house at 2:30am. Sucky.

So I went to work an hour late, but was still out of it. At 10:30, I was pumping in the break room (they put a sign up for me when I'm in there as it doesn't lock), and I am just hanging out, reading my book. I am the only female at my job, so no one really talks about it. Well, I ended up falling asleep for a few minutes, only to have one of my coworkers walk in and not only scare the sh!t out of me, but also witness my boobs. Being pumped.

So, now I can't really look him in the eyes because I am so embarrassed. I just need to go to bed haha.

But instead, let's hear some other embarrassing stories!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Today was just awkward

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My MIL loves to let herself in. I can not tell you how many times she's seen me in my underwear. X_X

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Bahahaha @JandAcoffee that would be horrifying! I stopped walking around naked when DD1 started saying "Your hoo-ha is weird mommy". Rude little girl.

@minervacullen that is snort worthy. My MIL held a leg when I had DD1, so she has seen it all. But I would still be mortified if she let herself in all the time to find me in my underwear. Has she not realized how awkward that is?
    image  image
  • She has to, that's what I don't get. I'm afraid she's going to catch DH and I getting it on some time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • That is weird. You would think after a few times she would catch on...If I were you I would progressively start doing weirder things, maybe that will get her to knock first. Naked sushi?
    ;)
    image  image
  • I could have written that entire pumping post minus falling asleep and inserting twitter. Our maintenance director walked in our empty office, I was like one of the last people there and who knew he was coming, so I didn't put up my sign. He walked in and just stared and said "oooohhhh I'm so sorry". He knew he was more embarrassed than I was. I was covered, but still pretty funny. 
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is less embarrassing but I pump in my office with a sign that says conference call on my door. After much pondering that seemed like the least awkward sign. I lock my door but I really don't want people knocking. Anyway one of the supervisors knocked and asked if I was still on my conference call. I said hold on one second and finished packing up my stuff. I opened my door and then turned around and saw that my pump bra was hanging on my office chair. There is just something embarrassing about having a bra hanging out on your work chair. His response was it's okay I've seen a bra before.

However, my most embarrassing moment was when I caused a toilet at work to overflow. Someone was in the stall next to me :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• A few months back my SO and I had plans for Superbowl Sunday, the first half at my parents and the second half at a friends house. I pumped during half time at my moms and then had to bring everything with me to our friends, mind you he's more of my SOs friend. Well instead of leaving my pump stuff in the car I brought it with me in the diaper bag. We're watching the game and all of a sudden we here his dog chewing on something, apparently he took it upon himself to use everything in the diaper bag as a chew toy, one of the things being the suction shield part that goes on your breast. Our friend went in and picked up the stuff and when he picked up the suction thing he looked completely mortified! He handed it to me with this confused look on his face, it was so awkward for me!
  • I often work off-site at client locations, so I was at their mercy in terms of where they had available to pump.  Well, one client didn't have any offices without large windows, so their only option was a locker room/bathroom that wasn't often used (like you'd have to walk past other bathrooms to use this one).  It wasn't ideal, but they moved a nice chair in there for me and I just made due.  They put a sign on the door "Out of Order - Please use another rest room" for me.  Well, that worked for a bit, but then someone accidently walked in and discovered what the sign really meant.  Okay, doing it once on accident was fine - I was fairly covered and it was another woman, so we were okay.  But, then she did it again like two days later.  This time: "Oh, it's just you again.  I like to use this bathroom because it's more private."  Then proceeds to walk past me into a stall and POOPED!  I was so grossed out. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I often work off-site at client locations, so I was at their mercy in terms of where they had available to pump.  Well, one client didn't have any offices without large windows, so their only option was a locker room/bathroom that wasn't often used (like you'd have to walk past other bathrooms to use this one).  It wasn't ideal, but they moved a nice chair in there for me and I just made due.  They put a sign on the door "Out of Order - Please use another rest room" for me.  Well, that worked for a bit, but then someone accidently walked in and discovered what the sign really meant.  Okay, doing it once on accident was fine - I was fairly covered and it was another woman, so we were okay.  But, then she did it again like two days later.  This time: "Oh, it's just you again.  I like to use this bathroom because it's more private."  Then proceeds to walk past me into a stall and POOPED!  I was so grossed out. 
    Oh gross. I would have changed the sign to "Do NOT Enter." Rude woman.

When I worked I had a cubicle, but we had a mostly unused office that I was able to pump in. They covered the window next to the door with paper, there was a lock on the door, and I had a "do not enter" sign that hung on the door knob. There were windows that I closed the blinds to, and high windows that let in sun light. That all worked well.

Well, one day the CEO was visiting and using that office, so I used an interview/testing room instead. That room also had high windows (or so I thought) so I didn't bother closing those blinds. A coworker on his lunch break walks past the room, and glances and sees my face, then turns and smiles and waves. I duck down and he didn't see anything, but he was mortified lol.
  • @singlemom31 I would be disgusted!
    image  image
  • rjeller32 said:
    @singlemom31 I would be disgusted!
    Trust me - I was.  But, really, wtf do you say to that?  "Um, please don't POOP in here?"  I just avoided her at all costs after that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"