Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Talk to me about your nap routine...

DS has his days where he will take two wonderful 1-2 hour naps. Sometimes he falls asleep on a walk, other times he falls asleep while laying on me & sometimes I just lay him in his crib and he babbles to himself then falls asleep on his own. THEN there will be clusters of days where he fights the nap! He will cry for 30+ minutes, his eyes will pop right back open when I lay him down or he will simply sleep for 20 minutes and be done. We have sleep trained at night sp nighttime sleep is not an issue at all. We haven't been too strict on nap training yet. I wanted to see if DS fell into his own routine after being night time sleep trained.

I know this is how it will be for the first year or so due to teething, wonder weeks, learning new skills, etc. but I was just curious what your nap routine is? How many naps a day & for how long? Are they at the same times most days? Do you lay them down asleep or awake? 
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about your nap routine...

• Wake up is at 6 am like clockwork. First nap is around 9. On a good day he will nap for about 2 hours. Then another nap around 2:00. Again for about 2 hours. Bedtime @ 8 pm, I put him down drowsy. On a bad day he will take little cluster naps,like 20 minutes and then be a hot mess from 6 pm on. We just recently dropped the 3rd later in the day nap. They sure like to keep us on our toes huh? Just when we think we have it on a schedule they change it up. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD takes 2-3 naps a day. First one about 2 hours after she wakes up for the day. It lasts anywhere from 30min to 2 hours, although recently she's doing 2 hours more consistently. Second nap is about 3 hours after she woke up, sometimes less if she didn't sleep well in the morning. This one also lasts anywhere from 30min to 2 hours, most common is about an hour. If the first 2 naps were short she takes a third nap 2-3 hours after waking up. When DD was 6-7 months old, she would take 3 naps on most days, now at 8 months old she takes 2 naps on most days. Bedtime is between 7.30-8.30 usually 3 hours after she woke up from her last nap. Our nap routine is diaper, nurse lying down on my bed, go to crib, sing lullaby, turn music box on at which point I leave her room while she's awake.
  • DS will be 9 months soon.  He dropped his 3rd nap around 8 months.  We did sleep training and nap training early on. He is put in his crib for awake.

He takes all his naps in his crib.  I'm SAHM and I schedule our activities around his naptime.  He takes his naps best in his crib.  We have a fairly predictable schedule like this:

Wake up 6:30am
    1st nap between 9:30-10a; naps for 2 hours
    2nd nap between 3:30-4p; naps for 1-1.5 hours
    bedtime at 8:15pm

He usually will fall asleep within 5-10 minutes.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @beachbum482 our routine isn't 100% figured out as far as when she wakes up. If it's been a rough night and she is waking up repeatedly and its 4am, 5am...6, I'll just give up and bring her in my bed. Not always but sometimes. And that doesn't even guarantee that she'll sleep. So our naps get off to a weird start. Sometimes she'll go down after being awake for an hour in the morning, sometimes 2 hours. Then after that first nap it's pretty much every 2 hours that she needs a nap. I thought she'd be lengthening them out a little by now but it's been every 2 hours for SEVERAL months now. Sometimes she'll start rubbing her eyes at 1.5 hours so we give it to her then.

We've noticed that if she goes down at 10am she will sleep about 2 hours usually. The rest of the naps are somewhere around 30 mins to an hour and sometimes longer. We can't find a good pattern yet but her night time sleep isn't great so I think that effects it. She used to do 20 min naps. I was in tears a lot! I was whining on The Bump to anyone that would listen because I couldn't figure it out. Unless she slept on me that was as long as they got. and that 20 mins had to be in the swing or in her bouncy chair. It was exhausting to say the least. This was around 2 months until maybe 4? Thank GOD that's over with. Although I do greatly miss taking long walks with her in the bjorn and her passing out.

@JandACoffee I'm so glad to hear that her sleeping is better!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • oh! and @beachbum482 I forgot to tell you that I love the picture in your siggy! I remember seeing it a while ago and loving it but I'm usually on the mobile and haven't seen it in a while!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"