July 2012 Moms
Options

Fluids

LO's pedi was concerned that DS is not getting enough fluids on average each day. He gets somewhere between 10-20 ounces of milk and 5ish ounces of water. The Pedi thought we should be doubling both of those. DS doesn't seem to want to drink much and will only drink a few ounces at a time. I just don't see how it is possible to get more down him. On average how much fluids does your LO drink each day? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fluids

• Options

Kellen still wants about 20-24 oz of WCM a day, but hardly drinks any water. Maybe 2 oz total on a good day. We are working on it.

• Options
    Our pedi had the same concern. Tuck drinks about 15-18 oz of wcm and maybe 2ish of water and that's us practically shoving it down his throat. He just doesn't seem to be a thirsty kid.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no clue how much E gets each day, but I'm guessing it's only around 24 oz total.
  • Options
    I think urine output will tell you if LO is getting enough. 4 soaking wet diapers are good output. Or 6 lightly wet diapers. Trust me. LO will drink if thirsty. Just have water available for sipping. Think about it. Do you always slam down all your fluids 2-3 times a day or do you sip throughout the day?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lh80lh80 member
    Hayden is managing less than 8oz of wcm, but we are making sure she eats a lot of other dairy to compensate, she as a good amount of cheese and yoghurt, and some days will take more wcm. She's recent learned how to use a regular straw, so that's the new game and its getting more liquid into her! I think she gets anywhere between 8-16oz of water a day. Plenty of wet diapers though so not concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"