Health & Exercise
Options

Any CrossFit Mammas-to-be out there?

Any pregnant ladies still continuing their crossfit training? How has it been, what have you learned, and what has been the biggest challenge for you?

I am a CrossFit coach and a CrossFitter myself. So far I have not had much motivation or energy to crossfit, but have made it at least 3 times a week. Hopefully 2nd tri will be a little easier!  

Re: Any CrossFit Mammas-to-be out there?

• Options

I loved the Crossfit Mom's Blog during my pregnancy. It was a great resource and the work outs are generally 30mins or less.

Good luck!

• Options
    Hey! I too am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and have been crossfitting since before I got pregnant. I was doing CF about 3 months before we got pregnant. I've been going about 2-3 times per week. My strength hasn't been an issue, it's been stamina. I've slowed dow
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, it is nice to have someone to relate to! I am also having a hard time with stamina.... I feel like the oxygen is being sucked from me. Hoping to continue through to the very end, as long as my body will agree. For the next 9 months I will make sur
  • Options

I'm 18 weeks and keeping up with my CrossFit routine of 3-4 times a week.  Like others have said I dont really notice too many issues with my strength (although I typically will scale the weights by 5-10 lbs for a WOD) but my endurance is cra

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 30 weeks with twins and have crossfitted 4 days a week since I found out I was pregnant. I have been scaling weights every week and substituting movements based on comfort and ability to move properly. My plan is to take it easy from here on out and r
  • Options

I was doing CF for about 4 months before getting pregnant and just loved it! I have continued since becoming pregnant, depending on my schedule I go 3 to 5 times per week. In the very beginning I changed very little about my workouts unless I became li

• Options

This is so great to see all the awesome CrossFit mammas-to-be! 9wks tomorrow and I am struggling to keep up! I get winded very easily and its hard to catch my breath. 

My strength numbers are staying pretty steady, with the exception t

• Options
    Been crossfitting for almost 5 years and also a coach. My problem is motivation lately....I just don't wanna! But I go anyway :-)
  • Options
    jhs121jhs121 member
    Hi ladies!  I started CF a couple months before getting pregnant.  I have a degree in Exercise Science, was a personal trainer/strength coach, was a collegiate volleyball player and so familiar with a lot of the exercises and olympic lifts.  I had gotten away from working out that way and decided I wanted to get back to it because I needed my muscle back.  CF was perfect!  I am now 18wks pregnant and still do it 4-5 times a week.  I noticed that I get winded easier and so I don't push it too much.  I've pretty much maintained the strength but not necessarily pushing myself to max PR's.  The biggest thing for me is not overheating.  I definitely notice it right away when I'm doing too much and need to decrease the intensity.  I've just recently had to modify some exercises or substitute b/c of pressure on the abdomen.  But overall, it's been great!  Enjoy!

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"