Trouble TTC

HSG tomorrow!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the board and it's been comforting reading others stories so far. I certainly don't feel alone on here, considering there's been a weekly baby announcement on Facebook for the past year. My husband and I have been TTC since January 2012, but we stopped using protection November 2010, right before our wedding. All of my tests have come back great so far, except prolactin level at 28 (which doesn't seem very high to me) and I'm scheduled for an HSG tomorrow morning. My Dr. wants me to have an MRI on my pituitary and to start a prescription to artificially lower it. I'm terrified about the HSG tomorrow, but I hear it's worth it for the valuable information. Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing from others and wishing the best of luck to everyone on here!

Re: HSG tomorrow!

• Good luck tomorrow!  If you're prone to cramps, take some pain reliever beforehand.  Discomfort/pain varies by person, but like you said, you have to do it before moving forward. 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Good luck with your HSG. Hopefully everything is clear. I was so nervous about mine, I literally contemplated walking out as I waited in my johnny. Glad I decided to stick around because it was nothing. I've had more pain with a pap before. I took advil before just incase, but it was unnecessary. I have been told that is not always the case, but hopefully yours is as painless as mine. Regardless though the whole thing is very quick and really nothing to fear.

TTC since March 2012

DX PCOS, HSG Clear, SA Low Morphology

4/13 - 7/13: Clomid 50mg twice, Clomid 100mg once

8/13 - 11/13: New RE & Redoing all tests

12/13: Hopefully start Femera 2.5mg

• Loading the player...
  • amwenzamwenz member
    I'm not going to lie..I hated it but made it through. However, I will tell you to make sure they take enough pictures. I was still seeing an OB at the time and when I took the CD to the RE they couldn't see much and weren't happy. Good Luck!
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• Good luck tomorrow!

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• Good luck and keep us posted.  Mine is on Monday and I'm so nervous.  I swear my voice was shaky just making the appointment!! 

Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Also, @1983lindsey that photobomb is awesome.  I swear my sister wore that same dress to some guy's junior prom. 
    TTC since 08/2012

• I just had mine done a couple weeks ago. Like many, I was a nervous wreck too, but it really wasn't so bad.  The doctor who did mine (not my RE) was really great about explaining, so I'll share and it hopefully will give you a couple tips. 1) I was told to take 800mg of ibuprofen 1 hour before the procedure.  Can't say whether or not it helped, but it definitely didn't hurt! 2) He had the tech put a few towels under my bum to improve the entry angle.  Might be worth asking for? 3) The type I had was a balloon catheter, which I've heard can be more painful, but it really wasn't bad.  The doc told me it was about the size of a piece of spaghetti, and the balloon, when expanded, was about the size of a pea.  (Knowing this calmed me down a bit.) He told me any cramping would come first when he inflated the balloon, then when he injected the dye.  The catheter going in was honestly less of a sensation than a pap.  I did cramp a bit (less than a  bad AF) when the balloon was expanded, but when I said it hurt he was able to deflate it some to make it more comfortable. I was lucky to have clear tubes, which I guess makes it generally less painful.

It's definitely not something I'd sign up for daily, but the anticipation for me was far worse than reality.  Good luck!  Hopefully yours goes smoothly!

(Sorry for no siggy.  I keep saving one but it's not sticking for some reason.)

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @DagnyDoo try updating your siggy from here:

https://forums.thebump.com/profile/signature

It's the only place that works for me. 
    TTC since 08/2012

• DagnyDooDagnyDoo member
    edited July 2013
    @DagnyDoo try updating your siggy from here:

https://forums.thebump.com/profile/signature

It's the only place that works for me. 
    Thank you!  I hadn't come across that way before -- success!

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good luck! I just had mine a couple of weeks ago and it found it fairly painful, but not as bad as I expected. I freaked myself out by googling it the night before so I think that made it worse. I did take 3 Advil before hand and I think that helped with a lot of the cramping because I didn't find it that bad. For me, the worst part was the catheter, I think he inflated the balloon a bit too much. Just try not to work yourself up too much beforehand and it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck for tomorrow!

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• MrsN08MrsN08 member
    Good luck with your HSG! Mine wasn't too bad - hopefully yours will be a piece of cake and everything will look perfect!
    TTC #1 since November 2011 
    Me: 27, DH: 26 
    DX Hypothyroidism (2011) 
    First RE appointment 11-19-12 
    HSG: Unicornuate Uterus Discovered 
    SA: Normal 
    DX Low Progesterone & PCOS 
    Cycle #10: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN 
    Cycle #11-14: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN 
    Cycle #15: 150mg Clomid + TI = BFN 
    Cycle # 16: Treatment Break for Surgery = BFN 
    Larpaoscopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C/Polypectomy = 2 polyps and right tube removed 6-21-13
    Cycle #17: Natural = BFN
    Cycle #18: Bravelle 225iu + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle #19: Natural due to cysts = BFN
    Cycle #20: Bravelle 225iu + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Take Advil before and have a ride home, you'll be uncomfortable afterwards. Have the couch, to and some ice cream ready for later. You'll want to take it easy. Best of luck and I hope everything is clear!!!

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• I had my HSG last week. Minor pain, pressure and cramping. Totally worth valuable info. Had more pain after a pap. Good Luck! You will do fine
  • I have slightly high prolactin too and I had an MRI.  The MRI didn't show any tumors.  I don't need medication.  As for the HSG it was difficult for me.  I was emotional and it was painful. The pain goes away pretty quick.  Some people have a better experience. Its just one of those things you gotta do and get it over with.  Good luck.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Good luck. The test was not bad at all. Welcome to 3t.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • Good luck! Mine was incredibly painful, I had tears down my cheeks. Thank god it only takes a minute but horrible pain. I have heard the pain is directly related to the skill level of the doctor though. I could hear the lady before me ask the dr to stop in the middle of hers so maybe our dr was just not good. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't go back to work after and a bath really helped. Good luck!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"