Ten Things Tuesday

Go for it! What's on your mind?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• 1. I read TTT every week and haven't joined in until now.

2.  I really love reading about everyone's life and the top things on their mind!

3. I'm really bothered by SO's family always stopping over.  (See post below)  I really wish I could be one of the people that can get in disagreements and not think about it, but it stays with me like a little rain cloud until we resolve it.

4.  I really need to stay off Pinterest.  I just keep pinning more and more crafty things, but never finding time to do them.

5. Ever since my pregnancy I've been addicted to Cheddar Goldfish.  Pretty sure I always thought they were ok, but now I can't stop eating them!  I may have already downed a whole sandwich bag full.

6. LO became mobile this weekend.  I have VERY mixed feelings about this.  I'm really excited to she her figuring things out on her own and growing up, but I also don't feel like I'm ready for my baby to be doing these things already.  I want her to stay little.

7. Along with #4, I've been looking at way too many pets on Pinterest.  My whole life I've had a pet and these last 10 months I haven't.  I really miss having a pet!

8.  Our local Pride festival is coming up.  My best friend is coming to town the same weekend and I can't wait!

9.  I also bought LO a rainbow dress for her to wear!!  I can't wait for her to wear it.  I know she doesn't realize how big of a deal it is, but it means a lot to me.

10.  I'm really procrastinating at work.  I should really be buckling down and working!
  • KH826KH826 member

1. Today is 12dpiui. Tested and got a stark white BFN this AM. I have cramps that indicate AF will be here in a day or so. So much for July... maybe August will be better!

2. I called my RE's office and made an appointment for my wife and I to go in tomorrow afternoon for a sit-down consult about what is next for us. I fear she is going to say injectibles, and I am not really down with that. But, honestly, I would do anything at this point as long as we can afford it.

3. I am trying to decide whether or not to skip acupuncture this week, or go back anyway even though I will be starting a new cycle... I do like acupuncture now, but I might want to save the money until I know what lies ahead for this cycle...

4. I still can't figure out how to change my darn signature on here. It says that it updates, but then it always reverts back to an old signature whenever I post something. I am tempted to pull an MK and just create a whole new account for myself...

5. My wife and I are trying to plan a little mini vacation at the end of August to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We didn't take a vacation this year b/c all funds have been redirected to TTC efforts, but we are hoping to just take 3 days off before a weekend and do some day trips... maybe the beach for a day, etc. I hope we are able to make it work, I think we really could use the break...

6. My heart is breaking for 2Mamaz... it makes me feel like such a silly, weak person for venting about my own TTC woes... you are such a strong lady, 2Mamaz. Thanks for being you and sharing with all of us!

7. I was supposed to eat a salad for dinner last night, but my wife showed up at home with a pizza. Surprise! My eating habits have NOT been good. I am struggling with caring right now. You can only fight so many battles at once, right? ... I know that is an excuse! HAHA

8. I am eligible for a phone upgrade, and now I can't decide what to get. I have been using my 3 yr old blackberry, since I gave my last upgrade to my wife who's phone stopped working. I have an iPhone 4s for work, so my personal phone is just for personal calls/texting really... well, I can either can an iPhone4 for free of an iPhone 4s for $99.99 now... I can't decide if it is important enough to me to spend the $100 -- I have become so cheap since spending so much money on TTC...

9. The weekend of August 9th we are going to my mother-in-law's for the weekend, and we are going to hang out and relax, maybe swim in her pool, maybe take a day trip somewhere, and have a pinterest recipe baking day! My MIL is obsessed with pinterest now, and it was her idea. I think it will be fun, and it has been a while since we spent a lot of time with her, so I am excited for that! :)

10. My youngest sister is going to be a senior in high school next year, and my mother has been taking her to visit a ton of colleges the last couple of weeks. My sister is driving my poor mom crazy. She is being a lot more difficult than any of the rest of us ever were and my mother keeps sending me text messages that say "I am too old for this" LOL

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) So sorry, KH826, about the BFN :( Bummer to see two BFNs pop up in a week.  I'm having my first IUI in August, too... maybe it will be a fertile month for us both.  Fingers crossed!!!

2) I was up late last night reading the most embarrassing smut novel ever and failed to turn my phone on so I missed my alarm.  Luckily, DP gets up just a little later than me and she got me out of bed and off to work - albeit slightly later than I'd like.

3) Speaking of new phones, I got me a Samsung Galaxy 4S... Made the switch from iPhone.  I like it, so far, but I haven't really delved into all its capabilities yet.  It's been an adjustment.  I'm usually quick to pick things up but I'm so used to iOS that I've been slow to learn.

4) Argh, my boobs :( They ache.  And I'm so hungry with my PMS and I can't stop thinking about food.  I'm on Weight Watchers so it's really bad.  I want to go to Pizza Hut and get a pepperoni pizza, breadsticks, and cheese sauce, and I want to finish my meal with a huge slice of chocolate cake.  Instead, I'll enjoy a delicious Lean Cuisine and a baggie of carrots.  FML.

5) I have to start working out harder.  It makes me feel so good when I do it, but it's impossible to motivate myself to get started again.  I just want to drink wine and watch TV after work.

6) I enjoyed a wonderful birthday last week.  My DP took me to the spa, and my parents took me out on a boat for the evening :) It was chilly outside, and my mom was playing captain, and she took us right into a bunch of waves.  Three huge waves crashed over the front of the pontoon and the last wave was so big it washed over my poor mother sitting behind the wheel.  I watched her face when it happened.  Her mouth was wide open in horror and boom, the wave drenched her from head to toe.  I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard, though I was fairly soaked myself.

7) I gave my mom some fresh clothes to wear home so I'm not entirely heartless ;)

8) Pizza... I want pizza so bad...

9) And sweet, moist chocolate cake...

10) The only way to get rid of temptation is to give in to it, right?  No... must resist...

• 1. I received a very nice surprise care package from one of my favorite Bumpies yesterday. Happy Monday to me!

2. I am very eager to meet with my RE on Friday, find out the results of my genetic tests, and hear her recommendations for us.

3. I am counting down the days until our vacation.

4. My basal temp has been rising slowly over the last few days and I’m SO hoping FF with give me crosshairs soon. Then at least I’ll know we only have to wait 2 weeks before AF…and 6-7 weeks to my FET cycle.

5. Between #2, #3, and #4, this week is DRAGGING. I keep thinking it’s at LEAST Wednesday. I had to check myself before posting TTT today.

6. We are going sailing on a tall ship in Boston Harbor tonight with my dad and step-mother, then they are taking us out to dinner. Should be fun!

7. A friend just got a BFP on her second IVF attempt and I am thrilled for her. She’s only had one (great) beta so far and has had two chemical pregnancies before so she is far from out of the woods, but I am really hoping this is it.

8. On the other hand, I am really sad, angry and frustrated for 2Mamaz. My only consolation is that our next transfers (and hopefully babies!) will be close together.

9. I’m bummed for KH too. BFNs suck. Repeated BFNs suck more. I’ve been there, lady. Keep your chin up!

10. Waiting for my co-worker to get back so I can go to lunch…I’m getting hungry!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1: thinking about 2mamaz and KH826 , I'm sorry for the both of you and really hope the next tries are the ones!

2: I should be working on med school apps on my day off today but can NOT get motivated

3: J's job ends at the end of August and we still haven't found anything good. She is a nanny in the Boston area and so far all we have found are families that want you to work 50+ hours or only need 20-25. It is frustrating.

4: we had our first pre-natal appt today! We didn't get to our first with the last pregnancy (although we haven't passed our loss date yet) so it feels really good.

5: If we use ovulation date instead of LMP to calculate due date, we will be due a week later. Even though I know for sure our conception date, our MW still wants to do a dating ultrasound.

6: I could have pushed and said we KNOW when we ovulated/conceived so there isn't a need for the U/S but I didn't because I wanted one anyways! Now I'm SO excited for next week.

7: I need to register for classes for fall but I can't concentrate on anything not baby related

8: My wife doesn't want anything to do with baby stuff right now!

9: regarding 7-8 I tried explaining why I needed to focus so much on baby (I'm not preggo) and during my explanation totally fell apart and cried. Turns out I still had some pretty deep feelings about the whole process that I needed to get out and now I feel much better!

10: I really wish I could find a support group for "moms-to-be" whose spouses/partners are pregnant with their children and don't want to be identified as the "second/less/other" mother... Maybe that's too specific?
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• 1. I haven't had any significant cravings, but my desire for tartness has led to a slight addiction to jolly ranchers.

2. #1 has proven to be a little expensive. I put the jolly ranchers in a bowl at work to share with coworkers, and it turns out that I'm not the only one who loves JRs.

3. Just had lunch with my best friend who recently returned from a trip to South Africa. So cool she was able to go there.

4. Hurting for 2Mamaz and KH too. I don't know any of you personally, but once you've been on the TTC path, it seems a part of your heart opens up and aches for others' hurts and disappointments and celebrates others' victories.

5. Looking forward to getting a few inches of hair chopped on Sat. I'm one of those people who waits until I can't stand it anymore to schedule a hair cut. It's been 9 months since the last one.

6. Work has been really busy. It's especially busy when you have to pick up other people's slack.

7. Struggling a bit with Z's sister right now. She hasn't told her kids (age 8, 6, and 3) that we are a couple. She didn't bring them to the wedding last year. I'm not sure what they think. They live in Mexico and she tries to explain how different the culture is, but I don't understand how this is going to work when the baby gets here. She's not going to tell them that Z is a mother or they have a cousin?

8. In regards to #7, I've already told Z that I'm not going to put our child in a position where our family unit is not respected or acknowledged. Z's family has always accepted me/us, but they need to pass that on to their kids. Sigh.

9. I usually try to avoid using special characters when I post from my phone because they get deleted and my sentences sound crazy. Curious if the new format has resolved those issues, so I'm trying. If some of my sentences come out wacky, that's why.

10. Really tired today. Only 4 hours to go... Have a good one!
  • 1. I feel like my eyeballs are bleeding due to the insane amount of paper I am currently going through for my camp's accreditation visit which is happening on Thursday.

2. I am really trying to dial back the amount I am running during TTC, but it is hard, because if we don't become pregnant, I don't want to be behind on training, but I also don't want to over do it and hurt our chances. I am signed up for a quarter marathon In August and a Half marathon in October.

3. We are 7dpiui and I have no symptoms.

4. Work is really busy, and kind of stressful, but it is helping me be distracted.

5. A's parents are driving down on Friday and we are all going to visit my parents. I am feeling nervous about it... They have met before, but I am just worried about them spending so much time together.

6. We have been attempting to eat super healthy lately. I am working on liking vegetables. It is going ok. Thanks to all the chatter above, I now want pizza...

7. A has been so supportive through the first week of the TWW. I have gotten many head rubs.

8. I had to come down super hard on two of my lifeguards last week because of the lack of safety on their watch. One was a real brat about it, and didn't take any accountability. I think I will be firing her....

9. Only two weeks of camp left... Then two weeks of wrap up... Then a week of relaxation! I am looking forward to not working 10 hour days!

10. Right after our IUI I was driving and there was a perfect rainbow in the sky. I am taking it as a sign that no matter what, everything is going to be okay. It made me feel very zen about the whole situation.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• I love ten things tuesday!

1. Like C said we are 7dpiui and it feels like 30dpiui...Its weird being on the "outside" and I feel like its making the TWW longer...AH!
    2. I watch my niece during the day and we went to the zoo today...the weather was so nice and it was good to walk around.
    3. She FINALLY took a nap...she is wild today and decided to make my kitchen into a swimming pool...
    4. Last night we went to dinner with one of C's old co-workers. It was nice to get out of the house and spend time with some new people.
    5. Also, like C said my parents are coming this weekend to go to KY and visit C's parents...I am really nervous about it but I think it will go okay!
    6. because of #5 I have set myself a cleaning schedule for the week...I'm only on day two and I'm already behind a day...not super great...
    7. We are leaving for vacation in like 45 days. We are going to Gulf Shores and I am super pumped! I love the beach!!!
    8. We got all our finances together for the house we are buying and should be moving in september 1...I don't want to get my hopes up until we are really set (we don't have the best of luck) BUT I feel like its actually happening.
    9. I know its sort of gross and embarassing but I am really obsessed with this season of the bachelorette! There is only one more episode and I don't know if I can wait until next monday!
    10. KH- I'm thinking about you! Let me know if you want to vent or need anything!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Er... Sorry, ladies, about making everyone hungry!  I realize we're all riding hormonal waves while trying to get/stay healthy.  I need to can it with my fat-girl talk.

Herbabymama - nothing worse than a friend offering to "sell" you baby items.  Unless they think they're gonna need them again, there's absolutely no reason why they should expect someone to pay for them!  A friend of mine wanted to sell me his furminator (since it worked really well on my cat but it was essentially useless on his short-haired chiuahua).  I offered him ten bucks (you know, since he *literally* didn't need it and any amount should actually be acceptable at that point) and he said he wanted what he paid ($45).  *eye roll*

Do you have a Once Upon a Child nearby?  I plan to shop there when I'm preggo after my baby showers and pick up the rest of the stuff I need (unless that 20% registry discount would make it worth my while to buy new).  I am very fortunate in that I'll be the first to have babies in my family (and will give my grandparents their first great-grandchild) and my partner will be the first in her family, so the child we conceive will likely be very spoiled indeed.

• songbird31songbird31 member
    edited July 2013
    I completely echo herbabymama on my thoughts for 2mamaz and KH. I'm definitely thinking about you both!

1. Got my insurance paid for double breast pump today. Woot woot

2. HBM - it IS super stressful to think about what you need and want for baby especially visiting people who have more than enough. Just continue to ask parents and do the research I know you're already doing. And I'll remind myself to do the same.

3. I pretty much hate the new bump mobile. I'm typing out this list for the third time. Ugh!

4. Hospital tour tonight! So excited to check it out. It's getting real!

5. Breast feeding class is on Friday night. I literally have no knowledge of bf so it should be interesting

6. I've had a rough couple of days of work.

7. I built a lite stroller the other day and was super proud. Usually I see directions on building something and shut down.

8. I'm currently going through the things we got from our shower and making lists of things we still need. It makes me worried about money all of a sudden.

9. We do have a friend who is transitioning her child out of an infant seat and offered her carseat and bases to us. We are taking it! It's the same brand we registered for and I called and found out I can order a new cover for about 60 bucks and it will then match out stroller. Yay!

10. S is going to be gone for most of the month and while I'm not nervous, I'm more sad that I'll be here alone. It's getting down to the end and I feel a little protective of our time together. :(.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. So sorry to hear about the BFN's this month :( We're trying for the first time next cycle, so maybe it will be a lucky month for all of us. 
    2. Had a wonderful visit with the Acupuncturist today. She is so reassuring and encouraging, and it makes me really confident that we will be successful. 
    3. DW and I have some friends expecting to deliver at any time. They had a very hard time ttc, and this is their first, so we are very excited for them!
    4. DW and I spent the weekend volunteering with Make-A-Wish and it was the most rewarding thing I've done in a while. We met some amazing and inspiring people and seeing what a difference this even made was so awesome. 
    5. Work gave me a deadline of Friday for a project I have been working on. I'm happy to have this position, but it is going to take a ton of work this week to finish.
    6. On a ttc note, I found a clear blue fertility monitor with test sticks; digital ovulation test with sticks and wonfo's for $100! I am so happy about this find. I hope I don't need them all, but am glad I found such a nice deal. 
    7. Also on a ttc note, my acupuncturist suggested I start core exercises asap and now that my back is 100%, I'm thrilled to start this process
    8. I'm tired!
    9. DW is working hard to clean up one room of our house that has been a disaster for a while. This makes me so happy. 
    10. I'm hoping for a positive OPK by tomorrow!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• AmandaG47 said:
     10: I really wish I could find a support group for "moms-to-be" whose spouses/partners are pregnant with their children and don't want to be identified as the "second/less/other" mother... Maybe that's too specific?
    Manada and I aren't pregnant yet, but whichever one of us isn't pregnant would definitely fit in with a group like that!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Our first IUI will happen in about three weeks.  I keep feeling like it will be simple and easy and in 40 weeks after we will have a baby.  I am constantly reminded here that it may not work out like that.  I go back and forth between being excited and remembering what a difficult road this may be.  My heart goes out to 2Mamaz and KH.

2.  I'm in the process of making dinner...mashed sweet potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash and lemon pepper shrimp. 

3.  C ended up leaving work late which happens a handful of times each week.  She already gets home later in the evening and I wait for her before we have dinner.  I hate eating so late at night. 

4.  I wish these next three weeks would go by faster so that we could get on with our first IUI. 

5.  I have been worrying so much lately about the possibility of multiples.  Certainly any baby, whether it is one, two, three, or more, would be a blessing.  Not so much of a blessing for our sanity and bank account though.  I realize the chances are oh so small, but as C told our RE, we would be the ones to be in the 1% category of those with triplets or higher.

6.  I have a difficult time keeping up with the house cleaning now, I'm not sure how I will handle it when we do have a baby.  We are hardly ever home though, so that is where part of the problem lies. 

7.  My work environment has been drama free since I started three years ago.  Unfortunately that seems to be changing.  I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.  I hope that we can all figure it out and make things better.

8.  C bought a motorcycle about a month ago and we love riding!  It saves money on gas too since her drive is about 40 minutes and we both have small SUVs.

9.  If we do have multiples, one of us (me) will probably need to get a bigger vehicle.  I really don't want to drive a van..sorry to all the van loving Mommas out there!

10.  Time to start the shrimp..C is home!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• healz413 said:

AmandaG47 said:

Manada and I aren't pregnant yet, but whichever one of us isn't pregnant would definitely fit in with a group like that!

That's why I love this board, knowing others are out there like us! Maybe at some point we could start a group :)
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• 1. Today I'm writing my 10 things before reading everyone's posts. 

2. We finished filming House Hunters International on Sunday. Phew!!! It was 4 hot long days but it was also really fun. Part of me is relieved it's over. It means we can "sort of" relax about the house and focus on other things.

3. We met the crew for dinner on the last night and we were chatting about how EV and I are the first bi-racial lesbian couple (we're pretty sure) to be on HHI, and maybe even the first lesbian couple. Though the crew had filmed "single women with best friends".  It's kind of exciting to be breaking new ground.  Hopefully we pulled off our part well.

4. Today we met with another property management company and a security company.  It feels like we're getting closer to actualizing our goals.

5. We are also seriously running out of money.  Ugh.  So lame. I don't want to dip into what remains of our safety net. But talk about a tight budget. I'm more than a little freaked out. We fore-casted this day to come because we put most everything we had into this house. I just hope we get it rented out to take off some of the burden of maintenance.

6. Ok enough complaining. I know it will work out.   At least that's my mantra.

7. We fly back to San Francisco on Saturday!!!!  YAY!!!! I'm thrilled, so excited to see friends and family. 

8. We're also TTC officially next week!!  Woohoo.  I'm sending positive vibes to my ovaries and uterus! Go team!  lol

9. Our BFFs are sharing our donor and we will be inseminating around the same time - we predict maybe even the same potential Ovulation date!!  EEEK.  Partially excited and partially freaked out by logistics.  But more excited about the potential for a pregnancy buddy and a half-sibling for Kaden.

10. I'm watching Hunger Games again (so I don't use up our pre-paid internet) and our house smells like hotdogs.  Somehow these two things don't fit well together.  Now on to read everyone's posts. 
  • Hi all! My very late submission:

1. I read all the TTT's last night after a long day and it was so sweet of so many of you to call out my ultimate BFN. Sweet of you to think of me and it is very very appreciated.

2. KH, so sorry for your BFN. Chin up! Sending good vibes your way.

3. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the fact that we only have 2 frosties left, and, with my 'record' now that my RE will want to put both in on this next attempt. If it doesn't work, then it's 'over' - or not - depending on...

3. I have asked for information on the frozen egg bank program, especially because our egg donor did a cycle for them and we could like get her eggs. If we do that, I think we'll choose a new sperm donor though.

4. We are planning go to two adoption sessions next week at the two gay-friendly agencies who do foster-to-adopt within WA state. These would be kids removed, though one agency also take in relinquished children (including newborns). The other one has a program to adopt children from refugee camps in Africa - though they are usually quite a bit older (teens).

5. We will have kids. Dammit.

6. I am waiting for AF so we can get an official calendar.

7. I have an MFM appointment today to get a second opinion on the blood clotting potential issue that I was cleared of by one MFM, but my RE (and I) wanted a second opinion.

8. My WTF appt. is next Wednesday.

9. Obviously all this TTC stuff is on the brain/consuming right now.

10. I'm tired, but not unhappy - trusting as much as I can that things will work out!!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• KH826KH826 member
    I second that, herbabymama! 2mamaz, you will definitely have kids and you will be awesome moms! I hope that all of your appointments go as well as can be expected, and AF hurries up and arrives for you so that you can get a new calendar set up!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"