Two Under 2
Options

Intro and Nervous!

Hi everyone! I recently discovered I'm about to have 2 kids under 2 (barely, but still...). I have a 17 month old daughter from IVF, and we are pregnant again by surprise! I'm 9 weeks. Baby 2 is set to be born about a week before my daughter turns 2. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. DD is a handful. She wants to be independent, and really wears us out. And I keep remembering how little sleep you get with newborns, and this time there's no "sleep when the baby sleeps" cause I have a toddler to take care of. I'm REALLY excited to be having this baby and I know that in a few short years they'll be so grown up. But I can't help but be a little  nervous. How do you all handle it? Am I the only one? I'm so happy, just... so many concerns about making sure they each get time with us and don't feel deprived and stuff. It's going to be such a big change for DD. I guess I'm just looking for friends who can commisserate haha.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

Re: Intro and Nervous!

• Options
    I feel you. I'm 12 weeks pregnant right now and DS will only be 17 months when the new LO is born! We also have no family in the area so it's going to be up to DH and I to handle this, plus daycare! I'm starting to get really excited though and I know it's going to be rough at first, but we adjusted really well before so I'm sure it'll happen again.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine will be able 16-17 months apart and I am very nervous as well. Thanks @libbylouhoo its nice to hear success stories! Was your DD ever able to grasp the idea that mommy was having a baby before he arrived? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"