December 2012 Moms
Options

Bedtime Help

I dont post on here too often, but Im at a loss for what to do.  Bedtime is a mess.  If i wait too long to put her to sleep she falls asleep easily but doesnt sleep well. But if I try to put her to sleep at a normal time, she wont go to sleep.  For nap time, she sleeps best in the stroller, outside.  I know its crazy, but its what works for now.  If i put her in the stroller and rock her a few times, she calms and then puts herself to sleep.  But I cant have her sleep outside at night.  And she sleeps better when in the crib and able to move around.  But I wasted my entire night last night trying to get her to go to sleep.  It took over 2 hours and at some point I passed it on to DH and eventually went to sleep. 
I dont want to let her CIO.  But I just dont know what to do.

Re: Bedtime Help

• Options
    Hi, does she have an established bedtime routine? We do bath, lotion massage,story,then I hold him in his room (dark except for nightlight) and he has a bottle. I rock him a little bit and lay him down drowsy. We also use white noise, ours is just a box fan because it is hot here as well so it pulls double duty. I know every baby is different and likes different thing but this is what works for us. Connor knows once we go into the bedroom it's time for bed. If there are other people around or tv noise he will fight it. I'm sure the other ladies will have some advice,good luck to you :) Oh,your siggy pic is really cute btw :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I would also stress the importance of a routine at bed time. We have a big dinner (7-8oz plus solids) then bath and lotion, then we sit in the rocking chair in his room with the curtains & door closed enough to make it dark but i can still read, then a bottle for a little bit (although this is slowly going away as he doesn't really eat it anymore, just plays with it for a few minutes) and then into his crib. Lately we play for a few minutes in his crib, I tickle his toes and make a game of kissing him goodnight but he's great at putting himself to sleep now so it just makes my day to end it with the sound of his giggles.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For us, sleeping times is more important than routine but routine helps. She naps at 9am, 2pm, and goes to bed at 7pm. If i deter from this then dd is too tired or not tired enough and fights sleep really hard. Also, she sleeps best in a sleep sack or else she will wake up sooner. I couldn't do CIO either but I do let her fuss and see if she can calm herself before going in at every noise which really helped. Now, I pretty much nurse her to sleep and she wakes up once i put her down but she rolls over and goes back to sleep. 

I wonder what your dd likes so much about being outside? Could it be the wind or noise? Maybe a fan in her room or white noise would help. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I just started a bedtime routine with Morgan.  We have dinner, cereal with a veggie mixed in it, bath, lotion, bottle and bed.  She's teething so it's been hard but I want to stick with it.  She seems to know what's coming already and it's not too bad. 

I also use a box fan as white noise, so maybe try something like that.  It could be that your LO likes the noise and it's too quiet in the bedroom.  I would also try to start a routine, make it whatever you want but find a time that your LO seems to get drowsy and go backward about 30-45 minutes. I start mine about 7/7:15 pm but I'm going to push that to 7:30 because Morgan hasn't seemed too sleepy when I put her down the past couple nights.  So at 7:30 she'll get her dinner and by 8:30 we'll have our bottle. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"