Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Best potty training technique for a boy??? What worked best??

I am gonna start potty training my son in two weeks and i would greatly appreciate any help. Did you put pull ups at night for potty training? what technique was the best for potty training? I have heard from a three day or a week one. but i would like to hear it from real people. thanks in advance :)

Re: Best potty training technique for a boy??? What worked best??

• Options
    We did not do pull-ups. Undies only and we stayed home a week. Diaper at bed and nap. He did have lots of accidents and you have to be so patient which is so hard!! But gave three Reese's pieces for each time poop or pee in the potty. Also put potty chair in livingroom and bathroom. Sat on it every 20 min. Fully potty trained at nap in about a month and now only goes in a diaper at night maybe once a week. But he drinks a lot and is a thirsty boy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Similar to PP, we went naked for 2-3 days without leaving the house. Within hours he was getting the idea, so we were lucky to not have many accidents. We were super excited and cheered (still do 4 weeks later) everytime he went! By day 3 we tried underwear (pull ups during nap and night time only) and he loved the fact that he was wearing thomas/diego underwear. We made it a big deal that he could pick out his underwear for the day. By day 4-5 he was going poo in the potty too- I was so surprised how great things went. He has continued to do very well with pee, but has regressed with poo lately. He now knows he'll get a pull up for nap time, so he holds it until then. Since he hasn't really been sleeping during nap time I am contimplating getting rid of the pull up and just sticking the potty in his room for him to go on his own. Give your child lots of fluids so they can practice and lots of fiber so they don't get constipated. Stay patient and don't discipline if there are accidents- they happen, so just talk through them. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"