Infertility

Deleting a Duscussion?

I apologize to everyone I have offended!!   A few days ago i had asked about programs that donate unused meds.. At that point i had sort of hear/d but was unsure that there was an OOP Med donation program here. I have gotten several negative posts and messages on it and 3 abuse points.  It was never my intention to offend anyone.  I was simply looking for advice about such programs.  I am very new to this site/community.  I never expected to feel so threatened over a post.

I would love to delete the post but i am SO NEW i have no idea if that can even be done?
Married 10/29/2005
TTC 2 years and BFP! High risk pregnancy - high BP, Gestational diabetes on insulin, 4 blood clotting problems on lovenox 2x a day TTC again 3 years - BFP 3/2013. Lost baby 4/2014
Referred to RE by high risk DR - diagnosis unexplained female infertility and 2% morphology male infertility.
Clomid/ovadril Without IUI - BFN 5/2013
Clomid/ovadril Without  IUI - BFN 6/2013
Clomid/ovadril With IUI -  7/31/2013 and 8/1/2012 BFP WITH TWINS!  Vanishing twin @ 7wks

EDD with surviving twin 4/25/2014!

Re: Deleting a Duscussion?

• krdesikrdesi member
    I don't think deleting is allowed in the new bump format.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't actually know how to delete a post on the new format (I know there is a time limit when you no longer can) but I went back and read the post in question. There is no reason to delete it based on what is public. 
    The "negative posts" you seem to be referring to- and the only ones you didn't "love"- are the two explaining the criteria for getting donated meds and why you don't qualify (yet). There is nothing on that to make you feel threatened unless you are receiving nasty private messages, in which case you should contact the Bump Gods or a moderator. 
    Additionally, you got some good advice- asking your clinic if they have meds available, and people explained that if you become an active member of the community you might be able to get meds from the program in the future. Deleting that thread means no one else lurking ad reading can benefit from that advice.
    Good luck to you.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • @Krdesi I don't know what the new bump format is but i am guessing that means, no.   Thanks anyway.  :(
    Married 10/29/2005
    TTC 2 years and BFP! High risk pregnancy - high BP, Gestational diabetes on insulin, 4 blood clotting problems on lovenox 2x a day TTC again 3 years - BFP 3/2013. Lost baby 4/2014
    Referred to RE by high risk DR - diagnosis unexplained female infertility and 2% morphology male infertility.
    Clomid/ovadril With IUI -  7/31/2013 and 8/1/2012 BFP WITH TWINS!  Vanishing twin @ 7wks

• Yes i am grateful for all the public posts i received on my question. They were all good, sound advice and gave lots of great information.  I was more referring to the private messages i have received and the few flag reports.

I thought i had loved them all, but must have missed some then
    Married 10/29/2005

• Sorry to say that I don't know how posts are deleted. I just wanted to offer a word of support because I could tell from your original post that you were interested in the OOP program but still learning the ropes around bump etiquette. I would just try to continue participating and enjoying the support here and don't worry about the misunderstanding. A little history: the OOP meds program is considered a way for women who support others on this board to get meds if they are OOP. Unfortunately, some people don't really want to join the community and only want free meds, so we often see drive by posts from people trying to get others to feel sorry for them and send their extra meds to them directly. The thing that's offensive about that when that kind of trickery occurs is that the OOP program relies on donations within this very supportive community, so if people drive by and say, "Can I get some free meds here?" It cheapens the meaning of this board and community, and if someone were to operate outside the OOP meds program, then it would take away from someone who has been waiting on the OOP list for meds in order to cycle. That's why there is a minimum post number before they will consider adding you to the program list. Does that make sense?

I understand your intentions and see it as an honest mistake. I would just shake it off and continue joining in if you want to continue learning from all the experiences here. I'm sure that your apology will be appreciated by all the great ladies here! Good luck!
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• kc1218kc1218 member
    Syoung... the bump recently made a lot of changes... last week I think. It is kinda confusing now. You are fine. Dont take it personal. Just hang around and try to make yourself a good candidate for med donations. I am not sure what all the qualifications are. I, and I am sure many others, would like you to stay here and be comfortable. Trust me, there are many issues that people wont agree on. Just accept that you were wholeheartedly making an innocent comment. You are just fine. Welcome!
  • Yes i am grateful for all the public posts i received on my question. They were all good, sound advice and gave lots of great information.  I was more referring to the private messages i have received and the few flag reports.

I thought i had loved them all, but must have missed some then
    If you are getting nasty private messages that make you feel threatened I believe you can contact community@thebump.com.
    There may be a more effective way to contact them but thats the only one I know. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Thanks for the welcome, and advice ladies.  I have been agonizing over this for two days. If things continue i will contact the address given.  If not.. chalk it up to experience and move on. 

Married 10/29/2005

• You can always go in and edit your post and just remove the original text.

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"