tantrums — The Bump
July 2011 Moms

tantrums

how are you handling them? DD has them multiple times now every day. like she will say she wants something so we do it or give it to her then she freaks, I start reading to her or singing and she freaks out. ect ect she will wail her arms and scream. high pitched screaming, whining, fake whiny cry ect. I am sure most of you know how it is. But what do you do? Yesterday we put her in her room for like 2 min and she cried hysterical then was fine.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: tantrums

• I do one of two things:
    1. Ignore it (especially if we're at home).
    2. Say, "I can't hear you when you're screaming/whining/yelling. I'm going to go in my bedroom/the kitchen/whatever, and I'll be happy to listen to you once you've calmed down and can talk nicely."

I also encourage her to take deep breaths.
  • clineak said:
    I do one of two things:
    1. Ignore it (especially if we're at home).
    2. Say, "I can't hear you when you're screaming/whining/yelling. I'm going to go in my bedroom/the kitchen/whatever, and I'll be happy to listen to you once you've calmed down and can talk nicely."

I also encourage her to take deep breaths.
    We do this also.  I also tell her to "Use your words, please."  I've also found that talking quietly in one of her ears works in some situations also.  She can't hear me over her screaming so quiets down...that's if she doesn't smack me in the process.  Ugh.  :-?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards