Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Share your successful Night Weaning experience

I need some encouragement. Whatever method you used, please share your experience. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: Share your successful Night Weaning experience

• Honestly, I just stopped. I could tell she was only doing it for comfort and not because she was actually hungry because she would only stay awake for mayyybe 5 minutes. So I started CIO, and along with it cut out MOTN snacks. It was rough for one night, and now she's fine, 3 weeks later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Thanks rjeller
    Yes, we tried CIO the other night and made it 25 minutes. 

We were successfull in getting rid of most MOTN feedings however, so that's progress. He still wakes up at those times though. 
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jaimevogt said:
    Thanks rjeller
    Yes, we tried CIO the other night and made it 25 minutes. 

We were successfull in getting rid of most MOTN feedings however, so that's progress. He still wakes up at those times though. 
    CIO is rough. I just do 10 minutes of crying, go in sooth, repeat until she is asleep or 60 minutes has gone by. I think the first night it was 40 minutes, the second we were down to 15 and the third it was less than 5 minutes.

Once I had that down, it helped with the MOTN wakings because she had learned with CIO how to soothe herself to sleep, so when she would wake up at midnight, she would just put herself back to sleep. I am pretty sure she still wakes up a little every night.
    image  image
  • We first made sure she was getting enough milk during the daytime and then went cold turkey on nighttime snacking. She woke up out of habit for a few nights but only fussed for a few minutes and fell back to sleep on her own. It was much easier than I expected. Good luck to you!
  • I appreciate the stories! DD is a tough one. With my first he just followed our lead and I was able to stretch his MOTN feeding to 7am fairly easily. Then backed up the midnight feeding and POOF, STTN. DD is a whole other story. She isn't a crier she's a SCREEEEEEAMER!! You know how they say, wait before going in to help soothe, she might just fuss a little then go back to sleep? Hah! Oh no, she goes from grunting once or twice to Full Blown Blood Curdling Screams in about 10 seconds. If she doesn't accept the paci right away, she will scream as long as we let her. Typically we soothe her over and over for an hour or more and then I end up feeding her. Sometimes I think, forget night weaning. It's so brutal, when 8 can just feed her and we're all back to sleep in 5-10 min. Oh, and she's still in our room which triples the torture. Trying to finish the basement to open a room up for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • My DD is the same way with the screaming. I am usually sprinting to her bedroom to beat the screeches when she wakes up and tries to find her paci. I've tripped on way too much shit doing that hahah.

GL and I hope you can get her of those feedings!
    image  image
  • I worried so much about dropping his nighttime feedings. But once I decided that he would stop when he was ready it was so much easier for the both of us. And he did just drop both on his own. He used to go down at 6:30, wake at 1am to eat, then again at 3 or 4am. He dropped the first one at about 5 or 6 months. And the second shortly after. I know some people like to give a little less each time during MOTN feedings and try to gradually reduce it. I did try that once with no success. He was just hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"