Secondary IF
Options

Another WWSAIFD

nycbride0707nycbride0707 member
edited July 2013 in Secondary IF
DH and I are currently trying for #2, DD is the result of IVF #1 bc of DH's morphology (between 0-2% when we were trying for DD). DH just went for a SA, just so we could see how things were looking, and he's now at 4%, which they consider normal (I think that is the cut off for normal, so while normal, still low). We have one frostie and I've become slightly attached to the idea of at least trying to use it (I only want 2 kids). So now our dilemma is do we try a FET (hopefully a natural FET since I ovulate and my cycles are very regular) and give the frostie a shot, or try on our own for some number of months, and then go back. While I know FET isn't exactly easy, part of me feels that if it works, it would just be easier than the frustration of trying for months. Oh and this time we have insurance coverage, which is just the greatest thing ever (we didn't last time).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another WWSAIFD

• Options
    Well I haven't gone through IVF, so I can't speak on that, but I think I would at least want to *try* to see what happens naturally for a few months. It's not like the egg won't be there in a few months, right? I can see how this is a tough choice though! If you do end up pregnant, then you have to decide what to do with that egg! 

What is your gut telling you to do? Do you think you would feel a certain way, one way or another?

Either way, wishing you the very best of luck!  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would try the frostie first. It would be a shame to not use it if you fell pregnant naturally and then have to make a choice of what to do with it
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP!!  If the frostie doesn't take then you could always try naturally for a few months before you do anything else.  

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• Options
    My vote is also for FET.  It would be so hard to decide what to do with an emby if you were to get pregnant on your own.  You can always try on your own if it doesn't take, before going back to treatments.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"