Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

tummy time - multiple questions

How often do you do tummy time with your little one? And when did he/she lift her head up? My son is 3 months and holds his head up when holding him but put him on his belly and he has a harder time and gets frustrated easily...
Also when did You start putting LO in their crib on their belly?
And last question, when could your LO roll over?

Re: tummy time - multiple questions

• Options
    mnj05mnj05 member

DS has gone through stages with tummy time. At first he could lay there for 10 minutes or more, then around 2 months he decided he didn't like it and I was good to get 2 minutes from him. Around 3-3.5 months, he started tolerating it longer and that's really when he started lifting his head up. We had worked with him in other ways to strengthen those muscles up to that point. By 4 months, he was pushing his upper up.

He rolled from belly to back twice in front of me around 3 months, then not again until 4 months. He's done that just a couple of more times. About 4.5 months, he started rolling back to tummy consistently and to this day, has only rolled belly to back those few times.

I started putting him in the crib on his belly for naps only around 2-2.5 months because he slept better that way. I started putting him down like that for the night about two weeks ago.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    DD hated tummy time until about 2 weeks ago. She started pushing herself up on her elbows and now she loves it! If your LO isn't liking it, try propping him up on a boppy pillow or on your bed while you kneel in front of him, DD liked that for a while because she could look around rather than lying on her face on the floor.

Now that she likes it we do 2 15 minute tummy time sessions a day.

She still isn't able to fully roll over. She tries to roll from back to front, but can't get over her arm yet. Once she can roll we won't swaddle her for bed. I will never place her on her tummy to sleep, but if she rolls from back to front to sleep on her own, I'll leave her be.
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO hated tummy time and rarely held her head longer than a few seconds until she started rolling at 13 weeks. Now I put her down to play and she immediately rolls to her tummy and holds her head up for quite a while. She hasn't rolled all the way over at night yet, only to her side a couple of times.

I so not plan on ever putting her on her tummy to sleep as its a risk factor for SIDS. If she rolls there then she does but I will always lay her on her back.

• Options
    We do it as often as possible, really. No real schedule or anything but we just avoid doing it soon after he has eaten, etc. Normally he is fine with it and can be on his tummy for a while without getting upset. He's always had good head control and has been lifting his head for quite a while. He rolled belly to back a couple times at 6 weeks, but then he didn't do it for another month. He rolled back to belly the day after he turned 4 months and has been doing it here and there. I always put him in his crib on his back, and he hasn't rolled there yet (but if he did, I would leave him). Lately he's been sleeping on his side a lot.
  • Options
    Like @mrswindycity , we do tummy time as often as we can as long as DS hasn't just eaten. Sometimes he cries, sometimes he does it for awhile. When he just lies there, sometimes I can shake a toy that he likes in front f him in the air and he will pick his head up and hold it up to look at the toy. I will also move it from side to side and he will track it with his eyes and head. He is 3 months and 2 weeks and hasn't even come close to rolling either way. When he is on his tummy, he is usually moving his arms and legs like he's trying to crawl, rather than trying to roll.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

We do tummy time anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour a day (I'm talking legit TT on a mat, on the floor). It used to be a solid hour every day, 4 x 15 mins, but Little Mister has decided he hates it now.

He never really loved it, but he tolerated it. He's often on our chests, and in a carrier, and when held in our arms, his little head holds still, and turns from side to side, trying to see everything around him. He has good head control, and I think that's mostly due to the early TT (few days old, he already held his head up). Even when he fussed, we tried again a little bit later.

He rolls from tummy to back on a regular basis and has done so since he was 14-15 weeks (he did it before but it never seemed intentional) and has rolled from back to tummy a few times so far. We keep practicing, but lately he's been moving his legs, trying to push himself up, almost in a kneeling position... preparing to crawl for sure, but definitely not quite there yet! It's pretty funny to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"