OPK's — The Bump
Babies on the Brain

OPK's

LomcmuffinLomcmuffin
Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
edited July 2013 in Babies on the Brain
 I am currently experiencing unusual cycles and ovulated on day 41 this cycle. I have been charting with temps and cervical fluid the last two cycles. It is crazy how intune I have become with my body the more I learn about charting. While at work this month (on cycle day 41) I wiped after using the toilet and I had a very long stretchy egg white with a small amount of blood in it. I haven't experienced this before and after doing some research I learned that this was probably ovulatory bleeding. I was curious so when I got home from work I used an OPK strip I have been dying to use (I just received them in the mail from Amazon) and sure enough I got a positive.

Now, I should be getting AF today or tomorrow and I am trying to figure out the best day to start using the OPK's. I do not want to miss my window of opportunity as we are TTC next cycle. Any advice? Since I don't have a cookie cutter cycle and only have 20 test strips, is there a rule of thumb for when to start testing?

ME: 29 DH:29
TTC #1 since September 2013
BFP Aug 27 2014, EDD- May 9 2015 - MMC Oct 16 2014

Re: OPK's

• Usually the OPKs have a chart included with the instructions on when to start using them.  It is based off of your shortest recorded cycle.  This means that if you are having irregular cycles, you might have to start much earlier to make sure you don't miss your surge.  This also means that you might need more than 20 OPKs.

The other thing you can do is if you typically see fertile CM before ovulation, you can wait until you see fertile CM to start testing.  You may run the risk of missing your surge this way though.

GL.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Thank you! I was wondering about waiting til I saw the right CM, I purchased the Wondfo brand so I am going to go check the instruction page that came with it to see what they say.

ME: 29 DH:29
    TTC #1 since September 2013
    BFP Aug 27 2014, EDD- May 9 2015 - MMC Oct 16 2014

• Loading the player...
  • You may want to get a bigger pack of OPK's. I got the package of 100 for a few reasons.. it was only a few dollars more than the 50 pack, and it bumped me into the free shipping category. We aren't TTC until Nov/Dec, so I also wanted a ton so I wouldn't feel guilty about using them. With so many, I feel like I can use them freely as to catch my surge. I also wanted some left when we do start TTC. Good luck!
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards