Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bottles- FF & BF moms come in!

My son is 3.5 years old. I saved all of his old bottles and could get new nipples for them. We used Avent bottles. Not sure if there is something better on the market now though.

I breastfed my son for 11 months but he used bottles when I was gone/at work.

What are the "best" bottles out there? DS was very gassy/fussy for the first few months of his life. So a bottle that helps with that would be great.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Bottles- FF & BF moms come in!

• Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I use Aven.t and love them. We haven't had any issues with them. A lot of people will tell you to get one of several different types and see which one your LO likes the best. I didn't do that and we didn't have issues with him rejecting these bottles. He also had bottles in the hospital, the ready made Simil.ac kind that are two ounces each and didn't have an issue with those either.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    DD would only take Dr Brown's or Similac bottles when she was a NB, but now she'll take whatever. The Avent are our favorite.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Tommee Tippee also and they have worked great for us. I'm mainly BFing so DD only takes a bottle when we are out and about. She likes them and we've never had a problem. goodluck
  • Options
    The best bottle is the one your baby likes. I had a sample tommy tippie and she took it just fine so we haven't tried any others. I also like them since they have a wide neck and easyer to clean.
    We EBF and she gets two bottles while I'm at work.
  • Options
    We have only used Dr Browns and I think they're great. DD doesn't spit up much or seem to have a lot of gassiness. I got a starter set and have only needed to supplement recently with extra size 2 nipples.
  • Options
    We also use Dr Browns and they have been working out well.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I Like Born free. Any My Babies aren't Picky At All Over Bottles.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    jdveatchjdveatch member
    edited July 2013
    Our doctor recommended Dr. Brown's bottles & they've worked great.  Kinda of a pain with all the "parts" but I think they've helped with gassiness/burps.

• Options
    rm2013rm2013 member

We have only used Tommee Tippee and love them.  She hasn't had any issues switching from bottle to breast and they haven't caused any gas or anything.  

This. I EBF and need bottles for daycare. TT is awesome. They have a little vent valve in the nipple to regulate air to prevent gas. LO doesn't spit up after using them either. And never had a problem with nipple confusion, I think their shape really helps with that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Dd is ebf but while we were in the hospital & had to supplement they gave us a breastflow bottle to use. They are designed for breastfed babies. They really have to work to get the milk out which apparently help with preventing lo from rejecting the breast later.
  • Options
    My son and now my daughter use the playtex ones. I like the drop in system. Nice and easy clean up.
    Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Options
    Playtex Ventaire, love them and zero issues with a gassy baby.

• Options
    Playtex VentAire (the large nipple). We tried every brand on the market (seemingly anyways) and this is the only one DS accepted. Funny since it's also the only brand our nieces and nephews would take.
  • Options
    Playtex Ventaire, love them and zero issues with a gassy baby.

Agree with this - for DD#1 and DD#2 - very little gas issues and very little spitting up.

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
    We have used both Playtex Ventair and Dr. Browns.  We prefer Dr. Browns and usually only use Playtes when we are lazy about washing bottles. :)  Dr, Browns really cut down on the gas and spit up issues.

• Options
    dr browns are where its at! we LOVE them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"