Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Baby Wearing in Airport

Do they make you take the child and carrier off to get through security?  And did you prefer BWing vs. a stroller?

Anniversary

Re: Baby Wearing in Airport

• Options
    For me personally, they made me take the baby out of the stroller, but not out of the carrier on my chest. 
  • Options

LO was only 6 months old and i was wearing him in a Bjojn on my chest.  LO was DEAD asleep and they MADE me WAKE him up and TAKE him out!!! I was so BUMMED. Also had to wake him up and out of Car seat durning Security. Love the ATA. not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They didn't make me take dd out, but I had to let them peek in all of the pockets on our ergo. At the 2 airports I frequent, strollers have to go through the scanner if they fit. If they don't, you still have to take the child out.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I've never had to take my guy out of the carrier when going through security - and he's always been awake.  It's one of the reasons I prefer babywearing to the stroller.  I've watched parents have to unpack the stroller and juggle kids getting through security while I just pop off my shoes, throw down my bag, and head through the scanner. 

My philosophy with the airport is to travel as lightly as possible, so we never bring the stroller with us and we've never needed it in the airport. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD was two months last time we flew with her.  I had her in the Moby and they let me skip the full body scan and go through the just the metal detector, then they tested my hands for gun powder/explosives.  The stroller had to go through the x-ray machine, so had she been in that they would have made us take her out.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    I have only flown with DD once, she was 11mo at the time. I wore her through 2 airports and they didn't make me take her out.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    It really depends. I've had both happen, I've also been told if they're sleeping they don't make you take them out. If you won't need a stroller at your destination, don't bring it. If you'll need it, bring it and use it as more if a cart for stuff and baby wear, that's our normal routine
    This.
    I have done both. Now that she is older I am not sure she would have sat in the stroller the whole time if we were flying across country again. In that case I would bw and have stroller handy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"