February 2013 Moms
Options

yogurt

Sorry for another post so soon. Anyways when would you start plain yogurt? Hubby gave DD a taste last night and she loved it! I'm having anxiety about starting solids because she's just 5 months. Her cues are telling me she might be ready already.

Re: yogurt

• Options
    I'm not positive, but I thought dairy of any kind wasn't supposed to be started until they are a year old.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Drea926Drea926 member
    edited July 2013
    Someone posted about this a while back and I think yogurt has different rules than milk, cheese, etc. Not sure of the official "start time" though!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kleigh926 said:

I'm not positive, but I thought dairy of any kind wasn't supposed to be started until they are a year old.

I thought of that too so I looked it up. The Mayo clinic and a few other reputable sights say it's a great first solid. Doesn't say what makes it different from milk, cheese.

• Options
    Ah. Well, if she seems ready to try some solids, I say just give it a go. 5 months is well within the "accepted" range of ages to start. If you're a little anxious, maybe just do it a couple times a week and then gradually increase it? That's kinda what we're doing.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    jd614jd614 member
    My pedi says yogurt after 6 mos..
  • Options
    What about homemade yogurt from bm?
  • Options
    DC2London said:

What about homemade yogurt from bm?

ok now I have to know how you do this.  I have made it with cow's milk and coconut milk, but how do you do it with bm?  What do you use as starter?

THIS! I'm dying to know!! :) Would you need a lot of bm?

• Options
    BLW says plain yogurt is a great first starter... Just make sure to find ones that aren't using whey as a thickening agent. You want a yogurt that is naturally thick. Beware, some Greek yogurts use whey, they just use more of it. I actually gave DS a small lick off my finger the other day. His face was priceless. He stuck out his tongue and kind of shuddered. Super cute!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"