Babies on the Brain

Ok Ok, Intro... And Fun Question

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

I guess if I'm going to post responses instead of continue to lurk I might as well introduce myself to you loverly ladies.  DH and I are 4 years married, after 5 years of dating.  I got off of BC the day we got married.  We've never TTC until literally just since my last cycle.  I'm pretty lazy about it right now.  Not actively tracking/charting/temping, but also not actively trying to keep from getting pregnant.  Essentially we're taking the lazy way for a little while.  I've read through the newb blog and still trying to grasp the acronyms.  I'm used to the Nest's acronyms, so the world of conception is lost to me (still trying to decipher 2ww - two week wait? two weeks after your ovulation til you can test?).  That being said, I'm a hypochondriac, so I'll keep all of my 'fymptoms' and stupidity to myself for a few months at the very least.  Just wanted to say halloo and let you know a little about me before you start to see my siggy more frequently.  Feel free to slap me about if I'm ever wrong.  I have little to no knowledge on TTC, so I'll do my best to keep my opinions to myself :)

And for my fun question:

If you conceive, how do you plan to tell your DH?  If you've conceived before, were you able to keep it a secret or did you scream like a maniac in the bathroom?  

Re: Ok Ok, Intro... And Fun Question

• smushismushi member
    :(

My Nest siggy did not follow me to the Bump.  Boo, you Bump whore.
  • smushismushi member
    I may have just spit taked a little.  I've taken an HPT before, and the end is kind of bristly.  I can just imagine shaking a freshly peed on stick in someone's face :)
  • Loading the player...
  • smushismushi member
    And now in addition, I need siggy help.  POS bahhh!
  • We have been TTC for 2 years and are starting our first IVF cycle. If I POAS at home, it will probably go something like this, ::shouts from bathroom:: "OMG I'M FUCKING PREGNANT!!!" If I wait for betas, it will probably involve a phone call from work, so less yelling and swear words.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• smushismushi member
    u/s?  Here goes the newb alarm again.
  • smushismushi member
    oops Ultrasound right?  Dur.
  • smushismushi member
    edited July 2013
    My heart is yours.

Now please for the love of Gurd tell me how to update my siggy.  I'm dying :)
  • Although I can't see me being able to hold the news from him long enough, I'd love to give him the t-shirt I've been eyeing lately which says "I Make Adorable Babies" on it ;]

Realistically, though, I'm sure it'll be a frantic phone call made to his work, lol

• DD - We'd been trying for about a year, so I got all cute about it and had him hit play on an ipod that was cued up to the song lyric "then one night you came to me, tears in your eyes and and EPT."

DS - We were sort of surprised this time and I came out of the bathroom and said "I guess we're doing this again?"

Not the best stories, but I'll never forget them. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • With ds1 it was Christmas morning and we were both up at 6am to start cooking. I came into the kitchen where DH was prepping a ham and told him I got a BFP. He gave me a high five.

With ds2, I tested and when he came home from work I sheepishly told him "well that was quick". It was our first month trying. He was bummed because he wanted more sex out of the deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• smushismushi member
    High five :)
  • ap142193ap142193 member
    edited July 2013
    We have been ttc for 9 months with no luck yet. I bought a t-shirt for DH that says "Daddy est. 2014." I'm hoping I get to use it.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Welcome and happy humping!

As for the fun question. First time, I told DH by vomiting in his lap at Texas Roadhouse. I had known for a few weeks, and he kept seeing more and more signs. Unlike others, it wasn't as happily greeted though 1) because of vomit 2) I was only 18.

Second time, I waited until our first OB appt, I told him to drive me to the doctors because I thought I was sick, and when he saw the OBGYN sign, he asked me if my vagina was sick. Poor guy was like Sherlock Holmes trying to figure out what was wrong with my genitalia.  When they handed us all the booklets and stuff, that's when he added it together.

Adorable, dumb little DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • smushismushi member
    Awww... next time I don't feel like doing something, I'm totally going to say my vagina is sick.
  • With DS, I tested at like 5 AM on a Saturday.  I made it a whole hour until I woke DH up.  The conversation went like this:

Me: Guess what?
    Him:  You're pregnant?
    Me:  Yes!!!!!!!!!
    Him:  Awesome.  Can I go back to sleep now?

With DD, I bought a big brother shirt for DS.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello! I"m a newb to this board too, so I guess I should intro myself at some point :)

With DD, we were not exactly "careful" about TTA (trying to avoid) so when I charted my temp the morning after and it went the opposite direction I expected, we kind of figured there was a chance. I was in a little bit of denial, but DH was sure we had made a baby.. A few weeks later when "Aunt Flo" didn't show, I secretly bought a HPT and a week later, I couldn't hide it from him and awkwardly said one morning "So, I bought a pregnancy test."   Took it that morning and came out and said "well, I guess we will be renovating the nursery sooner than expected."
    It took a while to set in b/c we were not TTC, but we were definitely still happy.

I actually thought I was preggo a week ago (we are kind of TTC again) and we bought a test at the store and was going to go take it and DH said "what, you're not going to be creative in telling me??" LOL didn't know he was so sentimental!
    Well, it was NEG (boo :( ) so I can be more secretive next time.  I was thinking of writing on my chalk-board mug "Have Another... you're going to need it"  so when he gets coffee in the morning he'll see it and have to put the clues together.  Is that lame??

Also, on your siggy question - go to https://forums.thebump.com/profile/signature
    and click the < > image and add your source code.  Or if it's a pic, you can click the little pic image next to the hyperlink icon and add your pic's URL.  Then click the < > to make sure it showed up. That's where you add your ticker code, too.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• With ds2, I tested and when he came home from work I sheepishly told him "well that was quick". It was our first month trying. He was bummed because he wanted more sex out of the deal.
    Haha, this would so be my DH.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• We both race sport bikes so when we get pregnant, I'm going to tell him by wrapping up a onsie that says "My daddy drags knee" I can't wait!! :)

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• aragosta said:
    I took a test at 4am because I couldn't sleep.  I took a cheapie and then used a FRER when it came up positive.  I couldn't freaking believe it was positive so I ran outta the bathroom, flipped on the light and shoved the test in my DH's face.  

Me:"Do you see two lines?!"  
    Him: "Yeah, why what does that mean?"  
    Me: "I'm pregnant!  Oh my God I'm pregnant!"
    Him: "Ew, did you pee on that?"

I had plans to give him a wrapped onesie, which I did after the fact.  But I could not contain myself.
    Still laughing, this is totally something my husband would say. Love it!
    dogs
  • We plan on trying in January of 2014 and i have already asked his grandma who is patiently awaiting this news, if she would make a mechanic coveralls onesie (my hubby is a mechanic for Ford) So i want her to make one just like it and wrap it and give it to him. He does not know about this plan so it will be a perfect moment.
    dogs
  • Pluzones said:

Although I can't see me being able to hold the news from him long enough, I'd love to give him the t-shirt I've been eyeing lately which says "I Make Adorable Babies" on it ;]

Realistically, though, I'm sure it'll be a frantic phone call made to his work, lol

A friend of ours gave us a gift set with that t-shirt. It came with a matching onsie that says "adorable baby".
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Married 9 years this fall. Have a 2.5 yr old ds. I found out I was pregnant while both out of town for work!! So I kept quiet for the week and ordered our dog a big sister tee, put it on her and she was wearing it when dh got home.

No idea how ill tell him abt the next one! We are ttc so I should start thinking about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"