High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

BH or contractions?

This has been asked a million times but how can you tell the difference between BH or contractions? You ladies seem to know what your talking about. More so then the doctors and nurses here who have never been pregnant but have just studied what the difference is. No offense to them but my thought is unless you have been thru it first hand, how can you lecture?
I believe I have BH. I occasionally get an uncomfortable pain in mid abs that last for 30 to 45 seconds. Happens about 10 times a day. It's not the period like cramps I read about with contractions.

Re: BH or contractions?

• Options
    That sounds like BH to me. I had real contractions when I was in labor with DS and they were super painful. The scary thing is that contractions are different for everyone so some may feel no pain. IMO and past/current experience all contractions are scary. Hang in there and GL!
  • Options
    I feel like you will most definitely know when you are having labor contractions. I'm sure those are BH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When you're having them, if you move around do they go away?  If they go away, they are most likely BH.  Also,  BH will not be timeable. 

My real contractions sometimes start in my back, sometimes in my lower abs like cramping and them everything tightens up.  I know they're not the same for everyone, but that's what mine feel like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I am pretty sure it's BH too. I don't want to get the nurses in a tizzy and have them keep me attached to the NST.
  • Options

I feel like you will most definitely know when you are having labor contractions. I'm sure those are BH.

Trust me, you will know. :) Those are BH.

• Options
    AyrekaAyreka member
    I'm pretty sure I'm the rare case but my "real" contractions aren't painful at all. They tighten me up and can't be relieved by anything though. sometimes they cause me back pain as well. I hope everything quieted down for you today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"