Working Moms
Options

Monday Morning Vents

Anyone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Morning Vents

• Options
    I recently moved, and updated my new address online for my insurance company.  I was told I also needed to call to update my insurance policy.  While the lady on the phone was very nice, a task that really could've and should've been done online ended up taking 20 minutes, including a sales pitch for a lower deductible and life insurance and a $7/month increase in premium.  Grrr.
  • Options
    jbatchjbatch member

My Assistant Director is awesome in a lot of ways. But she is ridiculously moody. One minute she is fine the next she acts like it is horrible if I ask her to do something.. I think my assistant should not give me attitude when I ask her to do something.. Just saying..

Also my Daughter isn't feeling well so I feel bad..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm extrememly annoyed that it took 16 months for my H to realize preparing breakfast and anything else in advance will help keep the kids calmer throughout the day and make our life easier.  He just figured out last week that instead of crawling straight into bed when he gets home from his midnight shift instead he can prep breakfast/milk, empty dishwasher, and when the kids wake up everything is ready, they are actually in better moods. 

My suggestions over the last year didn't help him come to this conclusion at all.

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    Twisted my ankle rather badly yesterday. Will now go to a job interview limping and in flats. Stellar first impression, there.
    Ugh-tough break. GL in the interview!  The employer should think you are rock star and would be a great addition to their team based on your determination.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am incredibly stressed out.  I am kicking off a project tomorrow that will keep me extremely busy for the next 18 months or so.  It will either result in a promotion, or me getting fired, depending on how it goes. 

DD2's christening is in 3 weeks, and DH and I are arguing about the guest list.  I want to invite 6 extended family relatives - 3 aunts, and 3 uncles - in addition to our parents, siblings, and nieces/nephews.  Grand total of 17 adults and 8 kids.  We are getting it catered, and there's a minimum of 25 people, so we'd likely be paying extra anyway if we didn't invite my aunts and uncles.  But since none of his family lives near us and won't make the trip, he thinks we shouldn't include any of my extended family either.  In any event we host.  Ever.

DH spent all weekend working on the house, which left me alone to wrangle two moody kids in crappy weather.  I hit my breaking point when DH decided that he *had to* fix the pump on this horribly ugly fountain (which I would like to take a sledgehammer to) while I was trying to cook dinner with a screaming baby and a clingy 3 year old.  I hid in the bathroom from my own kids.  Mother of the year. 

Next weekend is going to be more of the same.  The work has to get done, but I'm exhausted.

I haven't had my hair highlighted in 10 weeks.  Between that and looking sloppy from not losing all of the baby weight, I feel like a million bucks.

• Options
    Closing in 3 weeks means I really should start packing.  Wait did I say "I should?"  Shouldn't it be "we should?"  Where is DH to help?
  • Options
    DH is off this week.  Our vacation time scheduled for this summer is next week.  His boss demanded he change it.  So now we do not have the same vacation time, as I have too much to do to switch at the last minute like that.  I am hoping to work only 8 hours a day, flexibly, and at least get some lunch dates out of this arrangement, but I am very, very annoyed.  After this week at home he is gone for the next three weeks.  We just moved, so I am totally disconnected from anything that even looks like support.  Next week I am not even off the whole week now (feeling very what's the point) and will work half days.  Which is fine, but not fine all at the same time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked down and found sweet potatoes on my sweater.  Not even sure how that happened since I fed DD2 while wearing sweats this morning.  I must have had it on my hands.  Feeling like $1.2 million now.
  • Options
    2chatter said:
    DH is off this week.  Our vacation time scheduled for this summer is next week.  His boss demanded he change it.  So now we do not have the same vacation time, as I have too much to do to switch at the last minute like that.  I am hoping to work only 8 hours a day, flexibly, and at least get some lunch dates out of this arrangement, but I am very, very annoyed.  After this week at home he is gone for the next three weeks.  We just moved, so I am totally disconnected from anything that even looks like support.  Next week I am not even off the whole week now (feeling very what's the point) and will work half days.  Which is fine, but not fine all at the same time.
    I'm sorry.  All of this sucks.  I've been there.  Hugs to you.
  • Options
    DD keeps getting bitten. I know this is normal. DCP is paying closer attention to the serial bitter, but twice now we've come home and found bite marks that no one initially caught - that means DD is getting bitten more often than we initially thought, which was already pretty often, and that this serial bitter isn't getting disciplined every time because she's doing it when DCP looks away for a moment. Serial bitter is just a small toddler who can't express herself and I get that but my kid is her chew toy - the biter was on vacay all last week and the one day she was back, my kid came home with bite marks. I'm even more annoyed knowing that not all bites leave marks, so if we're aware of 2-3 bites per week, how many is she really getting? Probably every day. 

Maybe I'll come in early & leave early tomorrow so I can overlap with this girl and inspect my daughter for bites in front of the bitter and her mother. I think DCP and bitter's mom think it's all under control now and I just want them to see that it's not. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am trying to see the upside as DH is already into house/moving related tasks - if we were off together there would be much more slacking/doing fun things with the kids.  And it's two weeks I don't have to pay for FT child care for the older two children.  But I am still bitter.

• Options
    It's not really a vent, but I'm a writer. Every interview I've done since having a child, I get asked this:

How has becoming a mom changed your writing/poetry?
    ---

I literally just cut and pasted this from an interview I'm doing, and I have done entire interviews on being a Mom/writer for places that just want that. I'm okay with this as long as men are getting asked this question. Some of them are... But it still feels strange.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"