Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2nd Misscarriage - When to seek treatment?

My midwife told me they only look into it after 3 miscarriages, should I go somewhere else to see why this is happening before waiting to lose another baby?  I have a 2 year old and lost a baby at 9 weeks in Feb this year, and just started bleeding today at 5 weeks.  I just hope I can have another baby without waiting to lose another one.

Re: 2nd Misscarriage - When to seek treatment?

• Options
    I have heard that if you are willing to be a little pushy, some docs will do a work-up after 2 losses. Seems worth a try...it would be so hard to go through that a third time if there is something going on that you don't know about. Sorry you're going through this. :(
    Married June 2012
    TTC since February 2013
    MC @ 7 weeks July 2013
    BFP Oct 2013 - EDD June 7 2014!

• Options
    I have heard that some will test at 2 months....I don't know personally I've only had 1 loss......but yeah I would be alittle pushy to get answer u deffinitly don't. Want to have to go through another if u know somethings up and can maybe prevent it.......I'm so sorry for your losses.....mmany huugs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was able to get some testing after 2 years TTC with 2 losses. You can be pushy. 

Are you trying to get pregnant with the same father as your 2 year old? If so, knowing that you carried a pregnancy to term with the same father wouldn't be as urgent as if this losses were due to a different partner. 

Who knows. It's all up in the air. Our OB office waits till 3 miscarriages to refer to the reproductive endocrinology unit. We have an open invitation for a referral but aren't sure if we're ready to take that step. It's just all too raw for me. He did say they'd wait to do testing anyway as the pregnancy hormones will be in my body for at least 4-6 more weeks

Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Options

I received some testing after 1, my doctor just did it like it was NBD. She also referred me to a high risk OB that did some more testing and offered to do genetic testing if we wanted it. The high risk OB also prescribed some medication (high dose of folic acid b/c I have a single MTHFR mutation, which sometimes doctors ignore as being NBD).

I'm not sure why my doctor is so different, but I'm not arguing. Maybe b/c I was in my 2nd trimester?

I really think it's totally wrong for doctors to wait until 3 losses. That's simply ridiculous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"