Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

First Baby

I'm only 11 weeks, but I'm starting to think about baby gear. I know its going to require a lot of research and I'm wondering, where's a good place to start?

Re: First Baby

• Options
    BabyFSBabyFS member

I thought the Baby Bargains book was a good place to start.  Also, ask your friends/family about their "must have" baby items (such as a rock n' play, exersaucer, or a swing) and about what they wish they never bought/registered for (such as a wipe warmer, swaddles/blankets that didn't work, huge high chair).   I also looked at some of my friends and family members' registries at BBB or BRU.  They leave them up for a year or so. 

Good luck!

• Options
    Lucie's list is awesome, you can find it through google. If you sign up for the mailing list she sends out great info at the time you would need it too.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsJetSet:
    Lucie's list is awesome, you can find it through google. If you sign up for the mailing list she sends out great info at the time you would need it too.

This. Also, for car seats this is a great site. It narrows it down a lot for you and gives you real reviews.

https://carseatblog.com/carseatblogcomsrecommendedcarseats/

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I second Baby Bargains, it helped immensely!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Check this board often. That's what I did and I learned a lot
  • Options
    There is a section in most pregnancy books about necessary gear to buy. I would highly recommend that you take a friend who has small children with you when you do your registry. I did this and it worked out really well. It was way less overwhelming and I didn't end up with random stuff like wipe warmers that I didn't need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"