January 2013 Moms

first bad fall

So DD had her first bad fall today. Anyone else have a bad fall yet? 

Scariest thing ever, she seemed fine until I picked her up. She sort of passed out and changed colors. Luckily we live less than a minute run from the medical unit here and she woke up just after we got into the building. DD was crazy quiet for a few minutes, stunned I assume, but her vitals were all perfect and she was acting completely normal by the time we left. 

Re: first bad fall

• Oh goodness! So glad your little one is okay! That must have been terrifying :(

Ours fell off our bed once, but that was before we'd put it up on the frame so it was only about 18 inches, but he screamed, i cried, and i think we both panicked.. It is so scary and hard not to freak out and keep a cool head in that situation.

Again i am so glad you little one is okay.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• edited July 2013
    AshleyDehaven said: Oh goodness! So glad your little one is okay! That must have been terrifying :(

Ours fell off our bed once, but that was before we'd put it up on the frame so it was only about 18 inches, but he screamed, i cried, and i think we both panicked.. It is so scary and hard not to freak out and keep a cool head in that situation.

I totally panicked because she
    wasn't crying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay, I hate the way quote works now! You can't really tell the difference between what I said and what I quoted.
  • I am glad your LO is doing better. Was she standing when she fell?

I had LO on the playmat and I walked away for a minute. This was back when she started to learn how to roll. I guess she found out how to roll because she rolled of the mat (it just like an inch of the ground) but she hit her head on our ceramic tile floor. We both cried.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She was standing at the couch and let go and just went straight backwards. I couldn't believe it because she'd been getting really good at standing and getting down so I wasn't expecting her to fall that way. She's bumped her head a couple times now that she's mobile but the passing out was just too scary.
  • That is scary, glad she is okay.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• That is really scary. Glad she's ok, but I can only imagine the panic you felt. Did she hit on a hard floor? DD face planted from a sitting position on my parents wood floors yesterday. She was ok but cried like crazy and scared us both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad your LO is ok, what a scary feeling that must have been. My DS fell off our bed last month. He scuffed his nose but was fine otherwise and brought him to the ER just to be safe. It's amazing how you try so hard to keep them safe but accidents just happen that you wouldn't even have foreseen. I feel like I watch DS pretty closely but he is still constantly bonking his head on things, I'll be watching this one edge of the furniture trying to keep him away from it and then out of nowhere he'll do face-plant into the floor. It's awful but I think this is just the beginning of many bumps and scrapes to come. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AshleyDehavenAshleyDehaven member
    edited July 2013
    Oh goodness! So glad your little one is okay! That must have been terrifying :(

I totally panicked because she wasn't crying.

I can't even imagine. I would be a total mess.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Oh my goodness, how scary! Glad to hear she is doing well.

• edited July 2013
    I had been setting DS in the corner of the couch before he got abdominal strength. However, he started to develop the ability to lurch forward. Needless to say that the last time I set him in the corner of the couch he lurched forward and fell a foot and a half onto the carpet below. He scuffed his forehead and cried pretty strongly. 

My first instinct was to run with him to the ER (two blocks away), but I calmed myself down and just started nursing him. He was fine, but I had horrible flashbacks for a week after. I feel for you! :-(

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I'm so glad someone talked about this! A few months ago, DD rolled off the couch, when she wasn't even showing any signs of rolling yet, and scared the heck out of me! I felt like such a terrible mother, and I still have flashbacks, so she's floor or 'pack-'n-play'-ridden when I'm doing anything! I'm SO glad your LO is okay, and I know you were terrified! Thank you for sharing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
  • Last weekend DS fell out of his stroller on to the sidewalk while DH was trying to get him up the step into our house. He wouldn't cry, either. We rushed to the emergency room and they gave him a CAT scan since he clearly hit his head (road rash on it) and he was vomiting. He had a mild concussion but was acting normal later that night.

Realizing that there was nothing I could do to comfort him or ease his pain was the most horrible moment of my life so far. Then the ER dr reminded us that we'll probably be making a few more trips to the ER over the next 18 years, ugh!
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"