November 2012 Moms

Supplementing

For those of you who supplement, how many formula bottles a day? How long does a can of formula last you? I was really hoping to BF til at least 1, however, being KU im nervous that my milk is going to tank since I cant take near as much fenugreek. Any tips? Suggestions? What formula do you use? ANyone use targets up&up brand? :( this makes me sad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Supplementing

• You may not have to supplement. Are you just assuming that your supply has lessened or do you have clear signs of that? It may be a temporary thing because of stress?? The Breast Is Best group on FB is awesome and they post fan questions. Try asking there...you'll get lots of great suggestions on nursing while pregnant. Good luck!

• AmberEA14 said:
    You may not have to supplement. Are you just assuming that your supply has lessened or do you have clear signs of that? It may be a temporary thing because of stress?? The Breast Is Best group on FB is awesome and they post fan questions. Try asking there...you'll get lots of great suggestions on nursing while pregnant. Good luck!
    Thanks! I will look it up! It could be stress, but ive also had to take lots of fenugreek lately. time will tell i suppose. Hopefully i wont have to.  ;))

• Loading the player...
  • Well, if you do have to supplement at least you've made it this long :) 

• Hopefully, you won't have to supplement!!

We're using Similac Organic bc we had a lot less spit up with that. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• WIC gave us Enfamil ( have you looked into WIC in your area for help with the lil expenses like this? I hated having to do it but it helped ALOT)

If you LO doesn't have any issues with the formula the BEST price for your money is the COSTCO tub... HUGE container for less than the small ones on other brands (17 bucks for a container that lasts just about a week and we feed formula 4 to 5 times a day)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• credcat7 said:

WIC gave us Enfamil ( have you looked into WIC in your area for help with the lil expenses like this? I hated having to do it but it helped ALOT)

If you LO doesn't have any issues with the formula the BEST price for your money is the COSTCO tub... HUGE container for less than the small ones on other brands (17 bucks for a container that lasts just about a week and we feed formula 4 to 5 times a day)

I want WIC but i think we make like 200.00 too much before deductions and our deductions in dh's checks alone are 200.00 a week almost. :( 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"