Working Moms

Commuting with LO

Hi! I XP'ed this on parenting, but I think you might have better insight.

DH got a new job, yipee! But it means we have to move LO to a new daycare and I'll be commuting with him. We have a 25 minute drive, and then about 20 minutes on the subway. If you have done a daily commute with your LO, do you have any tips or tricks to keep you LO occupied and happy? I'll admit, I'm a little scared, but I don't have a choice with our new schedules.

TIA!

Re: Commuting with LO

• That is a great suggestion! Do you happen to know how to download video onto a table so that you don't need wi-fi to watch it? I'm not to tech savy... is there an app or something? 

• DD and DS are in the car about 35 minutes each way.  DH and I commute together, so we have an easier time and one of us can read or play games with him.  On days where DH and I commute separately, we sing songs or talk about the weekend.  DS is 3 and DD is 1.  If I only have DD, she generally falls asleep,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ds is only 1 but we commute with him everyday on the bus and subway.  Make sure you have snacks and drinks. 
  • Do they need to commute so they at close to you? Why not drop them off near home or halfway.
  • Reilly626 said:
    Do they need to commute so they at close to you? Why not drop them off near home or halfway.
    It's not that I want him close, it's that DH and I both work in the city now and DH is going to be getting out later with his new job, so neither of us could get home in time for closing. I couldn't find a reasonable solution other than to move him to a center in the city.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"