August 2013 Moms
Options

Sick DD1 and due in 5 days

I do not post on the board although I read it so I realize some people may think I have no business posting now but I will take all the thoughts and prayers I can get for my daughter at this point.  My 14 month old has been running a high fever for over a week now.  Sometimes as high as 106.  I've taken her to her pediatrician and to the ER at a nearby Children's hospital.  Medical staff keep reassuring me that it is a virus that needs to run it's course.  They have done blood work and a urine culture but the results were inconclusive.  I'm terrified it is something worse.

I'm due with our second daughter in 5 days and I am panicked that I am going to have to leave DD1 to go into hospital and deliver DD2 while DD1 is still sick and needs me.  

Back to the doctor with DD1 this morning to try and get some answers.  Please pray that she gets well soon and it is nothing serious and that DD2 stays in until at least my due date.

Thank you in advance.  
me:33 yrs. old, DH: 27 yrs. old
Married since 11/08
TTC since 6/10
HSG: all clear 2/11
SA: no issues 2/11
Clomid + TI: 4/11= BFN
First RE Appt: 5/11
IUI #1 5/23/11=BFN
IUI #2 7/8/11=BFN
Lap for endo 8/2/11 IUI #3 8/15/11=BFP!!
Gabrielle born 5/7/12
11/21/12=BFP #2 EDD: 8/2/13
<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D

Re: Sick DD1 and due in 5 days

• Options
    Eek! That is scary. Hope she gets better soon!!

• Options
    aww, poor baby girl!!  I hope she feels better soon and the doctor can give you some answers.  So sorry you are going through this!
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How scary! I hope you get some answers soon.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    That's scary and I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of that. If they did a urinalysis I assume they tested for a uti? Those can make little ones insanely sick if it goes on too long.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    i hope she feels better soon.  
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope you can get some answers this morning.
    DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • Options
    Very scary! TnP's for your daughter.  I hope her doctors can get this figured out and cleared up in time for your due date with your second daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Hopefully your daughter feels better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    hopefully she feels better soon and you can get some answers. Just remember that if your instincts are telling you something, push the doctors until they do more (if possible). Sometimes I think peditricians rely too heavily on the "virus" diagnosis.

• Options
    Thank you everyone. It is a urinary tract infection. They prescribed an antibiotic and after 10 days we take her to a pediatric urologist to do additional tests. I feel some relief that I can at least go into hospital to have dd2 knowing that my little girl is receiving treatment. I appreciate your kind words even though you don't know me.
    me:33 yrs. old, DH: 27 yrs. old
    Married since 11/08
    TTC since 6/10
    HSG: all clear 2/11
    SA: no issues 2/11
    Clomid + TI: 4/11= BFN
    First RE Appt: 5/11
    IUI #1 5/23/11=BFN
    IUI #2 7/8/11=BFN
    Lap for endo 8/2/11 IUI #3 8/15/11=BFP!!
    Gabrielle born 5/7/12
    11/21/12=BFP #2 EDD: 8/2/13
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Options
    traiatraia member
    Ts and Ps that they find out whats wrong with DD1, before DD2 makes her debut.
  • Options
    Glad they were able to figure it out. Hope she gets better soon!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"