Blended Families
Options

Glad that SS is not defiant

We are going on a vacation with DH's family. SS ( age 19) doesn't want to go.  He said he HAS to go with his mom for a week with her mother and his mother didn't give him a choice. HE HAS TO GO.

Since ours is only a 2 hour drive from home we told him he can take a separate car and go for 2 days with us instead of the week.

I laugh that his mom didn't give him a choice. What would she do if he refused? Take away the car? (it is ours) Take away his cell phone ( it is on our plan and we pay for it)  Not pay college tuition ( we cover it)????

I am glad he didn't defy her, yet I kinda wish he did and stated the things I am thinking!!! LOL

Re: Glad that SS is not defiant

• Options

By what you posted he is saying he doesn't want to go with DHs family on vacation. Is it possible he is saying his mom is making him go with her to avoid hurting DHs feelings bc he declined that vacation? I don't know your whole story, but its just a thought.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    At 19 there is very little that your parents can actually make you do, especially if they aren't paying for anything that you need/want. I think he either wants to go and doesn't want to hurt your DH's feelings since he isn't going with you all or he doesn't want to go but isn't willing to disappoint his mom.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lavender P got it right.  He doesn't want to disappoint his mom.  But I also have to say, he is a good kid and pretty much does as he is told.  Yeah, he will try to resist, but not to the point of a full blown argument. 

ps. I don't blame him that he doesn't want to go on our vacation. We don't want to either, but since we only see DH's Mom & siblings once every other year, we deal with it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"