January 2013 Moms
Options

Sippy cups

Have you introduced sippy cups yet? DS loves watching us drink from a glass (it can make him stop crying). He is EBF but we are starting solids this week.

What kind of sippy do you use? What do you put in it, breastmilk/formula or water?
IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

Re: Sippy cups

• Options
    We help LO drink from a cup. We tried giving her a sippy but she just wanted to gum the lid. She loves drinking water. We give her about 2 ozs at every feeding but she doesnt drink it all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got one with a straw. Took her a couple tries but she figured it out pretty quickly so we're skipping the traditional sippy cup.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got one with a straw. Took her a couple tries but she figured it out pretty quickly so we're skipping the traditional sippy cup.

We did this too. I will help her to drink from a glass / water bottle occasionally. And I have only ever put water in her cups
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

This. I give DS water with his feeding.

• Options
    first i got a sippy cup with like, a hard sippy part and she just gnawed on it...then my sister got her a nuby brand one and the sippy part is more squishy like a nipple...she can suck on it and get stuff out, but mainly she chews it and water gets over everything....she has yet to really figure out she can swallow it i guess? the first time she did though, the face she made was classic...
    i also just picked up a minnie mouse one by nuk...it's not as squishy as the nuby so when she noms on it the water doesn't go everywhere....
    she has no problem holding any of them and gets excited when she sees them...i think she just needs more practice
    however, she picked up the cap to her bottle the other day and put it to her mouth like a cup, so i wonder how she would do with just a cup and us helping her....

• Options
    I have tried a sippy and a straw cup. She mostly just wants to bang them against things.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My son loves his sippy, we have a nuby one too like pp said and he was immediately able to drink from it. We give him water, and sometime a mix of 2 ounces of water and one ounce of pear juice for his constipation issues. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    landosmommylandosmommy member
    edited July 2013
    We use two different types. We first gave her a straw sippy by Playtex and she got water out the first try! Really surprised us. But we also give her a Tommee Tippee with a spout so she learns how to lift up a cup. ETA: I swear by these Playtex cups. We use the, with DS too, always have, and they are amazing. Durable & don't leak!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"