Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Good thermometer to recommend??

I have and ear one and a safety first that I can do under arm or rectal. Neither of them seem to be very accurate in comparison to what his temperature is at the doctors office! Anyone have a thermometer they love that you could recommend? Thanks!
Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker

Re: Good thermometer to recommend??

• Options
    We use the Exergen Temporal Lobe Thermometer you just run the thermometer over the child's forehead from the center to the temple - super easy, noninvasive, and accurate.  My Dad (who is a pediatrician) recommended it when DS was old enough to not need the rectal.  I use it for DH and I now if we are sick, so much more accurate and quick than the regular under-the-tongue thermometer.
  • Options
    We also use the Exergen Temporal Lobe Thermometer. It's great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exergen!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    fryratfryrat member
    We use the exergen, and our trick to getting a good read is to call it something. We call it the beeps, as in, "Can mommy do the beeps?" And she knows it only takes a second, no wiggling. We practice on ourselves, and knowing that I should read 98.6, I take it over and over, focusing on what it FEELS like when I have the right pressure with my hand. I can read the readout to see if I did it right. When I do, I can verify because the temp will be right. Now, when DD is sick, I just do a quick sweep and know I have a good read.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"