Pregnant after 35
Options

Introducing myself and wondering how this pregnancy will be different

Hi ladies-

My name is Andrea and I just found out I'm pregnant with our second child, due in early April. I spent most of my first pregnancy on my bump BMB and met some really great people but not sure if it's going to be as beneficial this time since I'm not a first time mom anymore.  I am wondering though how things are differing for you ladies based on your age in your pregnancy. I've not had any previous health issues, so other than being termed "Advanced Maternal Age", I'm hoping this pregnancy will go as smoothly as the last.  How about you ladies?  Those that have been around a time or two, are you seeing any differences in your pregnancy, appointments, tests, etc now that you are over 35?

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: Introducing myself and wondering how this pregnancy will be different

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member

I am pregnant with #2 and due in November.  I only know being pregnant over 35 lol.  I had no health issues last time or this time so far.  Prengancies have basically been the same.  I had just the NT scan when pregnant with my 1st and this time I had both the NT scan and also the Harmony test because that was the one covered by my insurance.  I also go to a very laid back OB practice so they don't make a big deal about my age at all.  I feel I am treated just like everyone else just offered a few more tests than my younger counterparts.

Congrats on the BFP.  You'll do great :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This is my first successful pregnancy so I can't compare it to any previous experiences as they all ended in loss in the first trimester. But I wanted to say congratulations and welcome to the board. I do know I have received more ultrasounds than most but that had more to do with my history than AMA. There are ways, however, my dr is handling me differently because I'm 40. I suspect the older you are the more some drs take AMA into account. Definitely it seems almost everyone is offered more testing so I would at least expect that.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I am 36 and second baby here. My dd is 2.5. Your dd is very cute. 
    I am 15 weeks coming Tuesday. I am due in Jan. So far, this pregnancy has been very different. I had some bleeding and several scares. I am hoping for the best. I had less ms and my belly popped sooner. Good luck 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I'd heard about some of the extra testing but my OB is pretty laid back as well, so I'm guessing it will be pretty similar to the last one other than those. I appreciate the help!

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    mlamping said:
    Welcome and congrats! I am 36 and second baby here. My dd is 2.5. Your dd is very cute. 
    I am 15 weeks coming Tuesday. I am due in Jan. So far, this pregnancy has been very different. I had some bleeding and several scares. I am hoping for the best. I had less ms and my belly popped sooner. Good luck 
    I'm definitely expecting the earlier POP :) Just hope it holds off enough through first tri before I tell my office!

• Options
    My first pregnancy was difficult and this one has been smooth sailing so far.  Nothing seems all that different yet except a few more tests.  Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first 3 babies by the time I turned 30.. I'll be 37 when this one is born! I have found I am incredibly more tired this time around, even throughout my 2nd trimester. I'm 24 weeks now and still need a nap every day to make it through! The aches and pains have been a little more intense too.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    I am 37 and definitely more fatigued compared to when I had my oldest at 24. Some of it is age, but I think most of it is from trying to keep up with everyone else, lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"