Health & Exercise

Weekly Accountability

Afternoon, ladies! How is everyone doing this week?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weekly Accountability

• After not losing any weight since May in spite of working out and counting calories, I went to the doctor to get my thyroid checked. It was up a bit so my Synthroid was increased. I'm hoping that will help me lose the last few pounds. We bought ds a bike. He rides while I jog. It makes for a nice workout. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Hope your thyroid levels balance out. I had a great week, got into the gym every day. I am 2 lbs from my goal weight and would just like to continue to tone up and build muscle. Have a great week!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • cjm724cjm724 member
    I ran yesterday for the first time since giving birth.  I did a very easy 2 miles, and it felt great.  I ran all the way until the day before I went into labor, and running without a preggo belly was so much easier!  I had forgotten how much easier running was NOT pregnant!  Can't wait to start building my mileage again.  Until then, just taking it easy! 
  • Thanks for posting Arcadia!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Hope your thyroid levels balance out. I had a great week, got into the gym every day. I am 2 lbs from my goal weight and would just like to continue to tone up and build muscle. Have a great week!

Thanks! That's awesome that you are so close to your goal! Have a great week!
  • cjm724 said:

I ran yesterday for the first time since giving birth.  I did a very easy 2 miles, and it felt great.  I ran all the way until the day before I went into labor, and running without a preggo belly was so much easier!  I had forgotten how much easier running was NOT pregnant!  Can't wait to start building my mileage again.  Until then, just taking it easy! 

Congratulation on the baby and getting back to running! Glad the transition back went well!

• Thanks for posting Arcadia!

Glad to help! Thanks for getting us started. It brought some needed activity hear. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your vacation!
  • cjm724 said:
    Congratulations! I may need some tips on keeping up on running in these last 6 weeks...Did you use a belly band of any sort? I did 4 miles today and have really slowed down in the last week. I didn't anticipate this growth spurt of my LO! Any tips you have are welcome!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first week I lost 2.8 lbs. This week, I lost .8 lbs. I knew the loss was not going to be as good because I was not as strict on my diet or exercise. Tonight im going out for my birthday so it will be a splurge meal.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I am down about 2 pounds after four days of calorie counting and exercise.  (Before I was exercising a lot, but not really being careful with my calories.  I didn't lose anything.)  I am aiming for 1350-1400 calories.  It's not bad.  I've been able to have wine in the evenings ;-)

I expect it to slow down soon, but right now I've very optimistic.
  • cjm724cjm724 member
    cjm724 said:
    Congratulations! I may need some tips on keeping up on running in these last 6 weeks...Did you use a belly band of any sort? I did 4 miles today and have really slowed down in the last week. I didn't anticipate this growth spurt of my LO! Any tips you have are welcome!!
    Running the last few weeks of my pregnancy was hard.  I didn't use a belly band, but I'm sure it would have been more comfortable.  What I struggled with the most towards the end was hip and pelvic bone pain.  She was head down, and I think she was pretty far down in my pelvis.  What kept me going was knowing that this run could be my last one before going into labor, so I needed to make sure it was a good one! Otherwise, I knew I wouldn't be working out for a while after giving birth, so I didn't want to slack off at the end.  I was actually able to get back into running MUCH sooner than I anticipated.  I had a 2nd degree tear that required stitches, but I ran 2 miles 13 days postpartum.  I am now 17 days postpartum and ran just under 4.  I think exercising until the very end make my healing process quicker and easier to transition back into working out! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Hope you can continue to work out! 
  • I got in 3 days total this week. I took DS and our dog on 2 stroller walks and did an at home boot camp workout.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on day 6 of really counting calories, and have worked out 4 out of those 6 days.  I walk sometimes, or use the elliptical, and last night I did a combination of walking and jogging, with some strength training after.  I'm still losing around a half a pound a day, which I freaking love, but I know that it won't continue that fast.  In fact, this week I'm due for some bloating and hormonal issues.  

One thing that has been helping is slowing down when I'm eating/drinking.  I make an effort to put down my fork or glass for a minute.  It does help me eat and drink less.  When I know I'm only able to have one glass of wine or a small portion of something I love, it does help to make it last awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"