May 2012 Moms

Glad to be home

Oh man. I've been "sort of" away at a cottage this week with DH, DD, and some friends. I say sort of because the cottage wasn't very far from where we live, but I had to work 2 days this week so I needed to be able to drive back and forth. It was nice, but not awesome. Driving back and forth those days was a pain, and unnecessarily stressful. DD was really good considering how little she slept, but it was hard to keep her entertained myself all day since none of our friends who came have kids; it made me feel super annoying whenever she'd start crying or whining. 2 couples we went with took the 2 bedrooms and we slept in the living room with the pullout couch to have more space, but the couch was so uncomfortable. The "singles" slept upstairs in the loft which was above the living room and trying to keep her quiet at 5am when she was ready to go, was terrible. On the upside, I did get to spend some time on my own relaxing in the sun reading a book which I haven't had the luxury of doing in FOREVER!

Overall the experience with DD was fun. She went swimming in a lake, first boat ride, and I finally got to spend some real time with her since I've been working long hours lately. I'd really never go there or do the same thing again though. Definitely need friends with kids, or just to be us as a family. It's funny how much she's changed things; I also had pretty much 0 desire to drink this weekend which was also weird with others getting pretty drunk most of the time.

Thinking of going to bed early, just to feel how awesome my bed is.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Glad to be home

• DrRxDrRx member
    Travel and vacation with a child is definitely different! DH and I always have our own schedule and have found that we prefer to do getaways or vacations by ourselves rather than with friends, or at least get our own space.  I couldn't even imagine getting away with a couple without kids!

I'm glad that it was overall fun!  One thing to think about, however, regarding going with couples with kids--make sure that their schedule and your schedule mesh well.  We went to the beach with DH's family last year, and all his brothers have children, and all of us are on different schedules. I didn't have a problem with what they did,  but they had issues with how late we wanted to eat dinner (7pm), how we slept in (8am), etc.   So, we've decided that should we ever do that again, we will be getting our own little condo or something and let them all stay in the house together that we will just visit.  :)
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I agree with having your own space , were camping now with my inlaws there's three families with kids plus my parent inlaws. We all have our own campers which is key even then we all have to compromise but I'd admitt dinner at 7 and sleeping until 8 would be hard for my kids to mesh with :) sorry drrx.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally understand needing your own space.  We drive up to Montreal twice a year to see DH's extended family (5 aunts/uncles and his grandma).  We used to drive up with his parents and siblings and we'd all camp out on his uncle's floor on air mattresses.  Since we got married/had C, we've been staying with his cousin and family, in a spare room, but they speak French and we speak English and well, it's awkward.  We're going next month and for the first time I bit the bullet and got us a hotel room!!!  It's generally frowned upon because it's spending needless money when we can stay with family, but oh my god I'm so happy I could cry. 

Enjoy your space!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"