7 Weeks Pregnant

Has anyone LOST weight?

I just found out I am 7 (almost 8) weeks pregnant and have been SO sick. I seriously cant eat anything with out getting sick. Instead of putting on weight I have lost about 5 pounds. Has anyone else had this happen or know if this is normal? 

Re: Has anyone LOST weight?

• i just found out im 7 almost 8 weeks now too! and i have lost 5lbs both months
  • I'll be seven weeks on Wednesday, and i've lost 5 pounds as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 7 weeks and 3 days and I have lost 7. It is normal to lose weight the first term bc of the morning sickness. I have weight to spare so I am not worried about it.
    L.M. Chilcott
  • I'm about 7 weeks and have lost 15. I have been sooo sick. None of my clothes fit and I can keep very little food down! So frustrating bc I love food! Makes it hard to pick out a suit for work when they're all for a heavier me. Ugh!
  • I lost weight too. I gained a pound then lost like 2 more :
  • yes, not fun. I dropped down about 7 pounds last week. This nausea is kicking my now little tiny booty. I honestly didn't have much weight to lose so it's kind of scary. This week I have gained a little of the weight back.  Have you seen a doctor yet? My doctor prescribed Zofran for me- which has definitely helped. I would ask your doctor about some options to help keep the nausea under control so you can be at least a little healthy for baby.
  • hi I've just turn 7 weeks today and haven't had any type of sickness since I got pregnant.
  • I have lost 15 lbs so far.  Despite that, I feel super bloated.  I throw up at every meal.  Dr just called in Zofran for me.  I can't wait to take it.  Praying for some relief.  I actually left a buffet hungry the other day because I threw up between every course.  ugh.
  • I haven't had much of an appetite the last few weeks so i have lost about 5  pounds as well. however i am very bloated so  I look bigger. I can't wait until my baby bump is what is showing rather than all of this water.
  • I too have lost about 5 pounds. Had to go the ER because I couldn't keep anything down, and got dehydrated. I really didn't want to take Zofran, but today was the first day I did and it made a difference. At some point I had to weigh the loss of fluids/nutrition versus not wanting to take medication. 

Best of luck, talk to your OB!
  • I am 6 weeks and already lost 5 pounds also. Totally normal because of the decreased appetite, kind of small blessing since the 2nd and third trimester make up for it! This is my second child and happened with first one too. Hang in there, it gets better!
  • 7 weeks today for me, and I've lost 5 lbs since conception. Nothing abnormal, as long as you are getting proper nutrition as much as possible. Good luck with the morning sickness!
    Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. ~Amy Bloom
  • I'm about 7 weeks myself and was curious to weigh and noticed I lost 2lbs. I'm not vomiting but I am very nauseous and have NOOO desire for sugar. Just the thought gag. I'm not complaining tho but I'm bloated which sucks. We will wish this weight loss is the case in the months to come. : congrats ladies!
  • I am 7 weeks today and i've lost 8 pounds... Aghhh i'm so tired and sick... But i'm so excited at the same time... Hang in there ladies we can do this!
  • Reese64Reese64 member
    I'm about 7 weeks and am down a couple pounds due to nausea also. Just be sure you are getting enough fluids, otherwise your doc may admit you to the hospital for dehydration. I'm reassured that I'm at least getting my prenatal vitamin but I miss eating normally. This too shall pass, hopefully soon! Everyone gives me crap about being petite already. Am waiting to tell people until after my doctor appointment next week, so hoping to start working on a cute belly soon for the health of the baby and my sanity so I don't have a bunch of people nagging me to eat while I'm curled up feeling super sick!
  • Haven't been sick but I'm down 2 lbs today after gaining 6.
  • imageKeladry18:
    I too have lost about 5 pounds. Had to go the ER because I couldn't keep anything down, and got dehydrated. I really didn't want to take Zofran, but today was the first day I did and it made a difference. At some point I had to weigh the loss of fluids/nutrition versus not wanting to take medication.nbsp;Best of luck, talk to your OB!

I ended up in the ER a little over a week ago and am taking Zofran too. I throw up much less now but I'm still losing weight because I still feel nauseous and eating is hard. I'm seven and a half weeks pregnant with twins and have lost seven pounds. It helps to read that others are having a similar experience.
  • Hi I'm 7 weeks 6days and I have lost 5 pounds but I eat like crazy
  • I'm 7 weeks, 2 days and have lost 1 pound so far.  Wasn't expecting it, but my appetite has been off the last few weeks.
  • I have lost ten pounds in the last two weeks and have been having a terrible time forcing myself to eat.  I contacted my doctor about my weight loss and she decided to put me on Zofran.  I just took the first pill this morning, and I already feel some relief from the nausea, which lasts from when I wake up until I go to sleep.  Talk to your doctor about Zofran, because if it helps you eat and keep some food down, it's totally worth it.  
  • I am 7 weeks and I have lost about 10 lbs so far. I think that it is due to my new eating habits and the fact that I am not drinking alcohol anymore (those add on lbs quickly)

I guess losing weight is a good thing. Especially since we wont be losing weight for long :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 7.5 weeks, and I've lost 5 lbs. so far. That happened with my first child too. Not to worry ladies, by the time my first was born I gained 45 lbs. I'm watching the kind of food I eat more and my tummy tells me when I've eaten enough. I wish I had the same problem when I wasn't pregnant.
  • kkearakkeara member
    I have lost weight to the same amount it kinda scares me =/
  • Normal to lose weight during this phase. Had a girlfriend that actually had it her entire pregnancy and she lost a TON of weight. Baby continued to grow and is a healthy 2 yr old.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"