Baby Showers
Options

How much RSVP time?

babymama619babymama619 member
edited July 2013 in Baby Showers
My mom is hosting my shower and keeps asking my opinion on things, which I appreciate, but I really have no answer. Our current question is how much RSVP time is alright. She wants to do it two weeks before the party so she'll have time to do everything. I said I think that's fine, but just wanted to double check here. 

Re: How much RSVP time?

• Options
    2 weeks is fine, but I still wouldn't send the invitiations until about a month out. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    A week or two before the shower should be enough time for RSVP due dates. You will likely still have stragglers that you will have to email or call. A lot of people are horrible about RSVPing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Two weeks sounds fine, but why doesn't your mom pick a timeline based on what she actually needs the lead time for? As in, if the venue needs a head count three days in advance, or if she wants to buy stuff the week before, then ask for RSVPs a day or two ahead of that. It sounds like she is just saying two weeks without really doing the reverse planning of what she wants to do with those two weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. She is actually doing it at her house but thinks she might want to rent tables or something, I"m kind of trying to stay out of it. I"ll let he know 2 weeks seems ok here :)
    BTW, looks like this thread might have posted like 4 times, sorry, it looked like it wasn't going up yesterday!

• Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    My mom is making the RSVP date 10 days before the shower.  She needs a head count about 5-7 days before the shower for the caterer, so that gives her a couple days to track people down.  She's sending the invites out a few days short of 4 weeks before the RSVP date.  That way the guests will have their invite about 5 weeks before the shower- slightly on the early side, but pretty standard for our family/group of friends.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do regrets only
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"