March 2012 Moms

I get a mother's helper for the day

Family from church has 3 kids, 12, 10, and 7, who love DD. We spend a lot of time with them anyway. The whole family is like an extension of ours. The 10yr old is having a surprise b-day party on Friday so the mom asked if I wanted her for the day so they could get ready.

I'm kind of excited. Love this girl anyway but it will be great to have some help. I have some freezer cooking to do. It will be nice to have an extra pair of hands during DD's nap. And DD and G love to hang out with each other so they will have fun the rest of the day.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: I get a mother's helper for the day

• That's great! Maybe it'll turn into something more regular to give you a break on occasion. I had to gently let go my 12 year old mother's helper because it started to feel more like I had two kids to watch instead of just my one. She is the kind of girl that really wants to babysit but she has no intuitive nature about how to act around younger kids-- just an odd, serious child. I wanted to give her a chance and it just wasn't working out. The whole point was to give me a break and it was doing the opposite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ohhh nice! Enjoy the extra help!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageeyenigh:
    That's great! Maybe it'll turn into something more regular to give you a break on occasion. I had to gently let go my 12 year old mother's helper because it started to feel more like I had two kids to watch instead of just my one. She is the kind of girl that really wants to babysit but she has no intuitive nature about how to act around younger kids-- just an odd, serious child. I wanted to give her a chance and it just wasn't working out. The whole point was to give me a break and it was doing the opposite.

That's really frustrating.

This one is really good with DD. So is her older brother. I seriously love this family. I'd love to have her come over twice a month or so. We'll have to see how it works out.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• how'd it go? was it helpful? and was she surprised at her birthday party?
    It was helpful somewhat. We spend so much time shopping and in the car, it was hard to tell. It was hard for me as I really need 1 hour a day by myself and didn't get that.

She would have been surprised but after her dad picked her up for their date, she wanted to show him something on his phone (he has his wife's old one and some pics and videos). Well the mom had taken a pic with that phone of the party set up to send to her sister so G saw it and figured it out. If it hadn't been for that, she would have had no idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"