Attachment Parenting
Options

newbie to baby wearing

hi all!! i got told this was the place to ask these questions...so baby wearing... i have helped friends with their kids before and hatttteeeee lugging that ginormous car seat around everywhere.. is it really difficult to leave the car seat in the car and wear baby everywhere?? which 'wearables' are the easiest,best and/or safest? ive heard that the ones that spread babys legs can cause their hips to align weird as they get older? truth? hows the heat with them? is there anytime you wish you had an alternate to wearing handy?? tons of questions i know thanks in advance!!

Re: newbie to baby wearing

• Options
    I have lots of babywearing info in my siggy links so I'll be a wee lazy and just point you there :)

I never took the carseat out of the car - found it much easier to pop baby in the carrier.  My kids both hated the bucket seat though and would happily sleep while worn.
  • Options
    cpmichcpmich member
    For a tiny baby, a ring sling, infant Kinderpack, or Manduca is nice. For 15+ pounds, a Manduca, ergo, beco, standard Tula, Action Baby Carrier, Kanga X2, Onya Baby Carrier, or Standard Kinderpack. For toddlers, Toddler Tula, Toddler Kinderpack, Bloo Kangaroo Kanga XT. For preschool kids, Kanga XTP or Preschool Kinderpack.

It is the carrier that dangles your child from its crotch or that forward faces you should avoid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used a moby wrap when he was tiny and just got a boba 3G which I love.
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've used pouches, ring slings, a "homemade moby" (jersey wrap), a woven wrap, an Ergo, a mai tai and with DD2 bought a K'tan.... at different stages I had different go tos for day to day shopping and errands: with DD1 I used the pouch until she was holding her head then used a ring sling until my shoulder really hurt; DD2 was in the k'tan until she was holding her head then she went into the mai tai.  I found wovens took more time to wrap than I wanted to dedicate in a parking lot and I can't seem to clip the Ergo on my back by myself so that's mostly for hiking older kids.  I expect to use the K'tan then the Mai Tai as my go to's again.  

* do you have access to a baby wearing group or store with some things you can try on?  I never have however I can sew a little so I made via directions found online my pouch slings, the ring sling (ringsling.com for special rings), the mai tai and of course just bought the 6yrds of jersy and cut in half to make the "moby"  so I have only spent $$ on the ergo, my vataini and the K'tan.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"