4 Weeks Pregnant

How did you know?

If you were 4wks pregnant when you found out. How did find out i.e did you POAS or see a Doc? I was always told 4wks was too soon to POAS so I'm just curious ladies.

Re: How did you know?

• I did a stick test on Day 32 since my last period (4weeks 4days) and it came up positive. Hubby didn't trust it so we went to the Doc this morning to confirm.

I used a Discover Onestep test and it can apparently be accurate during week 3 according to the box. 

• I took a home test, it showed positive. The same brand showed negative last month, so I am pretty sure it works.... I went to the dr office, their test showed negative. I went to the store and bought another test, it was positive again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I POAS Friday, first a cheap one from Amazon, then a First Response, then a Clear Blue (this is my first ever positive). Then I called my RE (ttc 3 yrs and seeing a reproductive endocrinologist for 1 yr), and they confirmed with bloodwork. Beta was 131 on Friday and 537 today. I'm 3w 6d today.
  • I was set to have gall bladder surgery yesterday and found out after a  urine and blood test that I'm about 4 weeks pregnant. Definitely unexpected!
  • I was having soreness in my breasts during ovulation I assume, but the next week my nipples were extremely sore which I had never experienced before. So I POAS generic rite aid brand similar to First Response and got a positive. Repeated later in the day and got another positive. This was 26 days after LMP.
  • I purchased a stick test and got a faint line. Went back and got a digital test and got a BFP. Went to doctor the same day to confirm with the blood serum test.
  • I started "feeling pregnant" a few days after I assume I ovulated, since we weren't trying and I wasn't too sure when I would have ovulated (because of skipping periods on my BC) I bought a big pack of internet cheapie dip sticks and basically tested every day. I got my first super faint positives on what I think was 10 DPO, and it's just gotten darker and darker since then (my period should have started this past Monday, the 23rd). I was pregnant for about 7 weeks a few years ago, so when I started having similar symptoms I was concerned. That time I found out at exactly four weeks when my period didn't show in the AM (my cycle was super super regular, I started around 8AM exactly every 28 days) so I new right away then too. If I hadn't of been more in tune with my symptoms this time I probably wouldn't have found out so soon :)
  • I was having no symptoms did a wonfo preg test clear line. And did 7 more POAS tests of 3 different brands and clear as day I am pregnant just found out a few days ago. July 18 is first appt with ultrasound. I am praying this is real!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• I just found out im 4 weeks 2 days ago! i skipped my period and poas viola BFP
  • This is the first month we have been TTC. Period is due on 7/3, last one was 6/5 and I just took a First Response last night to rule it out, thinking there is NO WAY this will happen the first time.

2nd pink line was light but it was there. Hubby went to get the Clear Blue which says Pregnant or Not Pregnant and I took it this morning.

Came up Pregnant in about a minute! 

Crazy! First Pre-natal appointment on July 26th. Praying these next four-eight weeks go well! 

• First Response told me I was pregnant 3 days before my missed period. But I didn't believe it because I took a test from the dollar store 2 days prior and it was negative. Went to the er they drew blood my Beta was 100 something and told me that I am 3 weeks this was on june 29. they did an ultrasound but saw no gestational sac so I went back yesterday july 2nd to make sure my beta was going up and it is at 400 now. OB appointment on the 25th I still have no idea when I conceived because I got my period june 2. Anyway have any idea?
  • same thing happened with me and my husband first time trying and we got pregnant my last menstrual period was june 2. found out I was pregnant on june 29th. OB apt july 25 Congrats!!! :)

• I was 4 days late a d we'd been trying to conceive. I POAS 7/4 and my "pregnancy line" was darker and more obvious than the test referral line. POAS again yesterday and same thing. Also started getting and staying nauseous all day 2 days ago. Ob appt at the end of the month. 
  • I am only 3 weeks, 3 days pregnant today. I had been charting for a few months and my last cycle was normal. I was very anxious because we were trying and started testing at 3 dpo. (crazy, I know) at 6 dpo I had a lovely double line and called my doctor to set up confirmation. Since it was so early they wanted to do a blood test. Sure enough at 2 weeks 6 days pregnant we had a Hgh level of 83! I knew I was carrying a sack of baby cells or else I was just dying!!
  • POAS. 

I was 1 day late, which is unheard of for me. I knew.  

• I POAS 2 days before expected period, so 12dpo. It showed up positive after only about 45 seconds and it was afternoon pee, so for me it was definitely not too soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks and 5 days! I had cramps the night before and I could'nt be confortable laying on my belly because I felt too bloated, which I found curious because this never happens to me. So I took a digi test the morning after, and it was positive! I even took a test the day after to make sure I had not hallucinated the + on the stick lol. I still have cramps from time to time, particularly when I'm in bed, since the night before I took the test.

I'm also surprise it was positive that early, but at the same time, I'm happy I have the weekend to let the news soak in, and I will call my family doctor on Monday morning! 

• took a test on the morning i was to start my period and it was positive and i went to the doctor that same morning and they tested too urine and blood and all came back positive, i had indicators that i was pregnant but they are so much like period symptoms so i just decided to wait til my period day and than took a test.
  • I am two days late for my period (which isn't uncommon because my cycles vary) and I took a First Response for the heck of it.  Very faint second line but a line none the less!  Just to be sure I drank a lot of water and took another test, this time a Clearblue Digital and it said pregnant.  I am still in shock.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I started having severe heartburn, breast tingling and tenderness, and fatigue two weeks after fertile week. Plus, I had unwarranted sensitivity to certain smells. These symptoms are not my normal menstrual symptoms. Took 3 home tests, all positive. And I didn't start my period when it came time. First OB appt 31st. I'm high risk based on age and miscarriage history, so we shall see.
  • I was taking ovulation tests bc we want to get pregnant.  For 2 weeks when I should have, I never ovulated. It made no sense so I POAS and got a faint line (positive).  Retested. In the morning, invalid test.  Tested the next morning, another faint line (positive).  Calling doc tmrw for an appt to confirm.  Almost exactly a year since our miscarriage.

• I just found out I'm pregnant and I think im still in shock 3 days later. Just because it was our first month ttc and I thought it was going to take awhile! It was 6 days before my missed period I was standing in line at rite aid waiting to pick up a prescription and saw pregnancy tests sitting there. I just started looking at them contemplating should I buy one. I said what the hell ill need them eventually. I went home and knew I was just going to waste them but took them anyway, one was digital and the other the X. The first one started to show a faint line and I think my heart stoppe X. And then the digital one was loading and all of a sudden popped up Pregnant. I didnt believe it. I went and bought about 15 more. Have taken one everyday, PREGNANT!
  • Congrats!!

• AJeanB said:

I POAS Friday, first a cheap one from Amazon, then a First Response, then a Clear Blue (this is my first ever positive). Then I called my RE (ttc 3 yrs and seeing a reproductive endocrinologist for 1 yr), and they confirmed with bloodwork. Beta was 131 on Friday and 537 today. I'm 3w 6d today.

congrats!!

• I POAS 13 dpo and got a clear double line on an internet cheapie, then a fainter one on a dollar store using the same FMU. The next day (14 dpo) I POAS again on an internet cheapie, but there was only one line!! I freaked out, but the following day (15 dpo) there was a double line again and I swore no more tests.   I think the 14 dpo test was negative cuz I was drinking more, and my FMU was more diluted.
    (I totally took another test yesterday, lol. Internet OPK and HPT and a dollar store HPT all strong positives)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"