Babies on the Brain

He did it!

I've had babies on the brain for a while now and I've known that I wanted to wait until DH was ready to start trying. Anyways, skip the intimate details but I thought this morning he was going to slip on a little raincoat and HE DIDNT! I'm super shocked, elated and semi-emotional to say the least! Just wanted to share and see if anyone else had a similar experience. It was a great Sunday morning surprise!

Re: He did it!

• Hmm.. Well that's a little more than we care to head.
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha. Oh that is amazing
  • jbatchjbatch member
    car seat said:

This made my day..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Yay that's great I know the feeling I am in the same boat as you! To hear him say he is ready after such a long time of him being unsure feels AMAZING!
  • smushismushi member
    Love it :)  My DH and I have talked for two months about beginning to TTC, and then the day after my last day of my period, he surprises me with a 'whelp, guess we're trying now!' move :)  We had talked about it before, and mentioned that it would end up being a 'him' decision because I love kiddos and would never be uncomfortable with having a baby to take care of :)  But essentially we decided he would just have to KMU essentially.  So I guess we stared TTC  lol  much like the way you did.  Who knows if we'll get anywhere this month, but we have many more months ahead of us to continue to try if it doesn't happen.
  • Anyone else taken aback by the surprise moves toward TTC?  Isn't this something that two people should be in agreement about?  Maybe I'm old fashioned.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • smushismushi member
    I should have premised with, as soon as we began considering it, I changed my diet and alcohol intake (such as one what I would do as soon as we were TTC).  It wasn't something I would just 'ask' for, so I left it up to him.  We both had assumed we would start as soon as I was done with my last period.  I just didn't ask him, 'hey, why don't you just leave it in this time?'.  Instead, he just left it in.  We were both ready and on board.  It was just a surprise as in, ok, you're actually as  serious as I am, let's get this going!  Sexier than it sounds, I swear.
  • Me and DH have both discussed babies before... we wanted to make sure that we were both ready. Honestly coming out and saying that my husband wasn't ready in the beginning of the year was the hardest thing to face. He's known I've been ready for a while but I would never want to push him into something... So I put the decision on him... I knew he wasn't going to take 10 years but sometimes you just have to "plant the seed" and let it grow. My husband doesn't make big life changes easily, mostly because he's a control freak. This is the one thing that scares him the most because it's not like you can go to a store and pick a perfectly healthy boy/girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, etc. I feel like by him saying(or not saying), "let's do it"... he's accepting that he's not always in control which is a huge step for him!

• Huh.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Anyone else taken aback by the surprise moves toward TTC?  Isn't this something that two people should be in agreement about?  Maybe I'm old fashioned.
    We are planners! My DH is mister methodical and by the books, he like so schedule everything which is fine. We had a "family meeting" about it the day after our wedding lol. He knows my cycle and we set a baby making date. He does not like surprises whereas I'm the other way around. So yes I see where you are coming from, I hope that doesnt make us old fashioned lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"