Trouble TTC
Options

Adoption

So our original plan was to do IVF but DH and I started talking about adoption.  There has been a few different things that has happened that almost makes it seem like a sign.  First a little old lady, that we had never met, started talking to us at Home Depot and mentioned that she was adopted after asking about a wristband that DH wears that says "hope." Then we ran into our "coach couple" at church, they know about our struggle with IF, and their daughter just adopted a little boy.  Lastly one of DH's coworkers told us about a little girl (14 months) that is fixing to enter the system through CPS issues, mother's rights have been terminated and they are in the process of terminating the father's. DH and I also discussed about our desire to have a family and be parents, and if we needed to have biological children. We discussed still TTC just waiting until we are 30 to pursue IVF, but honestly I have started to get scared of the what ifs. What if it fails, or what if it works and I miscarry again,  what if I just don't think I am ready to try IVF.  We will have been TTC for 3 years next month, and I kinda feel like we are officially getting to that point of loosing hope and closing this chapter of our lives and opening up a new one.  I hope you ladies still don't mind if I hang out for a bit, we are still trying to figure everything out. 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
 Blocked Left Tube. 
Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
MTHFR 
 Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
 IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
 5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
  6/1/2014~ **BFP**
6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Adoption

• Options

Same discussion has started in our home. We had been always open to adoption. But, since I have 12yr from previous relationship we hoped .....

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you too!

• Options
    rox825rox825 member
    We have also started to have this discussion, IVF vs adoption or fostering.  It's a tough thing to think about and there's no need to rush into a decision, I think it's definitely a good idea to really think through both options.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's way to early in the process for me, but I'll share the story of someone close to me. She underwent three IVFs and had two early losses. They now have an adopted son and another is in the works. She is completely at peace and loves her life. However, adoption is emotionally and financially draining also, but has pretty awesome results.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    I think adoption is an amazing and wonderful thing. My sister and cousin are both adopted, and for me, adoption has never been a last resort type of scenario.  While I hoped to conceive at least one child on our own, I also hoped to eventually adopt - either through embryo adoption or traditional adoption. It has been such a blessing to our family, and I wish you all the best while deciding what to do. I know it is a lot to consider, and I think what ever decision you make will be the right one for you. And of course, stick around!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    Good luck with your decision, and stick around for sure!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more.... before I knew we had problems I always wanted to adopt. Good for you and best of luck! Please stick around and let us know your progress!
    TTC for baby #1 since March 2012 DH SA- ZERO Jan 2013, Low T, started clomid. Up and down swimmies since. Me- Ovulation dysfunction, low progesterone, hormone levels all off http://babydreamsinnj.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, we have our first information meeting Aug 5. We know it will be a rough road but will be so worth it in the end.  We were filling out our application and for the first time in a long time we were excited again, with the thought of becoming parents.  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN