1st Trimester
Options

BLEEDING!!!

I'm bleeding and so yesterday I went to the doctor and he did an ultrasound and I saw the heartbeat but today I'm bleeding out little clots.. It almost like a light period but no cramps! What is happening to me?

Re: BLEEDING!!!

• Options
    I am on mobile and can't see if you have a siggy but it could be an SCH which can happen. I had one and was bleeding and scared the heck out of me. Just make sure your dr knows and keeps an eye on you. Good luck!
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Sadly there is no answer we can give you. It good either be nothing or everything. Keep an eye on it. Pink and brown( old blood) are usually considered normal large amounts of red blood might be a sign of miscarriage. There are many things that can cause bleeding. The fact that you saw a heartbeat is a very good sign. Chances of a miscarriage significantly drop when you have seen a heartbeat. When I had some spotting I went to the doctor and they did a additional u/s which eased my mind. If you are going to worry this may be your best bet. Good luck.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I had a huge scare earlier this week as well, light brown spotting. I went to the doctor and they did an US and saw heartbeat, all was well except for my nerves! They say spotting of old blood is very common in first trimester. If you start spotting red blood and have extreme cramping that is when you should worry. Still, scary nonetheless. Good luck!!
  • Options
    My doctor (last pregnancy) told me to only be concerned with cramping and heavy bleeding. Heavy bleeding consisted of soaking a pad within an hour.
    DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• Options
    It's like a light period. Bright red blood and clots There is no cramping though.
  • Options
    I would bet the far you have a SCH... Request a ultrasound and voice you concerns. I bet baby is totally fine while you are stressing yourself silly... Such a scary thing though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am 12 weeks and will be 13 tomorrow. I had a scare last night. Thought I had peed on myself, went to the bathroom to find it was an amoount of dark brown discharge (enough to cover an entire panty liner). I rushed to the Emergency Room, and the dr in the ER did a ultrasound. The baby was moving like crazy and had a heartbeat, he said a moving baby was a happy baby. But He couldn't explain the discharge/old blood. He said that it could be many things to visit my OB dr. on monday and compare blood levels to see if they have risen or fallen. The only thing that keeps running through my mind is a miscarriage. Has anyone else had this happen. 
  • Options
    I went to the doctors today an my levels went down and ultrasound showed no heartbeat. My ultrasound on Friday showed a heart beat so my baby is no longer alive :( I am miss carrying. The bleeding and cramping is getting worse so I am passing it...thoughts go to all u other mothers who have lost your babies...it's tough!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear it, leah. Don't know you, but big hugs, nonetheless.
    I went through it, too (heard a heartbeat and then miscarried.)
    It is really tough. Hope you're doing ok.

EDD: 03/01/13;  DD: 10/26/13

Mourning the loss of Amarine Stella, born at 21 weeks, 6 days.
    We will always love you, our little angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"