3rd Trimester

Baby's HR but light fetal movements

Hi everyone! I wanted to see if anyone else experience something similar to what I am experiencing now. I am current 29 weeks pregnant, and last week I went to see my doctor because I was experiencing a lack of fetal movement, or so I thought. When I went in, he checked the baby's heart rate and said that his heart rate is perfect and everything looks fine. Baby even kicked when doctor was listening with fetal doppler. He told me that if I ever feel a lack if fetal movement to drink a glass of milk with a cookie and lie on my back, and I should feel baby move shortly after consumption. This week I am experiencing the same issue, in that I do feel my baby move, but it feels much lighter that when I was 26-27 weeks. Instead of a hard kick, I may feel a light one. In addition, the fetal movements sometimes almost feel like gas in my stomach or the baby swimming. I thought by now baby's movements would be more defined. This is my first pregnancy, and I am just concerned.
Angelbesdme

Re: Baby's HR but light fetal movements

• LC122LC122 member
    Not sure exactly what your question is. There have been multiple posts on the boards about lack of movement.
    My OB chalked it up to "some babies are less active than others" and as long as the heart rate was fine, not to worry.
    The baby could change position in a way that affects where, how much, and how strongly you feel the movements.
    As long as you are feeling any movement, you'll probably be fine.
  • lolob45lolob45 member
    edited July 2013
    I literally just posted this same question - the past 2 days I feel the baby move but it's not the hard jabs and kicks im used to. I have been doing kick counts and getting the 10 in less than 2 hours so that's reassuring.... i'm wondering if our babies are just running out of room (my doctor mentioned this would happen but wasn't clear on when). I'm 29 wks 1 day now...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LC122 My OB chalked it up to "some babies are less active than others" and as long as the heart rate was fine, not to worry.
    This. As baby gets bigger and has less room it is normal for fetal movement to slow down a bit. Add to that some babies move less. My first was almost on a schedule. He'd get active around the same times each day. My second moved a lot all the time all hours of the day. This one likes to be active when I walk and after I eat. 
  • As you get closer to the end you are going to feel less heavy kicking and more of a rolling/shifting movement because baby has less and less room inside, making it hard to get a good kick in.  Baby will also go through periods where he/she is less active.

BFP #1 09/15/09, MMC 09/28/09
    BFP #2 06/04/12, EDD 02/09/13, MC at 6w3d on 06/18/12
    BFP #3 01/16/13, EDD 10/04/13, Born 09/17/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• allurea said:

As you get closer to the end you are going to feel less heavy kicking and more of a rolling/shifting movement because baby has less and less room inside, making it hard to get a good kick in.  Baby will also go through periods where he/she is less active.

This is reassuring. Thank you. The doctor said everything's great, so I should not worry unless I do not hear baby's heart beat on my fetal Doppler or if he doesn't move as much. Thanks everyone for your input.

Angelbesdme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"