Single Parents
Options

Autism and the single mom

So today, I found out that there's a strong possibility that my LO may have autism. I'm happy that I found out this early, but I'm nervous that my son will never have a normal life. It's not as bad that some kids, but its my LO. I know that everything will be fine, but you never think that your LO would have it. Keep me in your prayers ladies. We need it.

Re: Autism and the single mom

• Options
    Your in my prayers. Ive known children with autism and my own sister is on the autism spectrum having aspbergers. They are such blessings you jist have to learn how to handle your childs personal quirks
  • Options
    Just remember to keep LOs needs and your needs at the forefront through your journey and you'll be ok. Hugs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this! Have you been checking out the Special Needs board? Those ladies would probably be able to give you some practical advice. My thoughts are with you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an autism researcher and I have autistic people in my family. Everything will be fine. Just remember not to compare your kid to other kids and enjoy his or her uniqueness. The world is a lot easier these days for people on the spectrum. Also remember that even socially disabled people learn social skills with time so as your child gets older things will be easier. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"