Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sleeping at night

I am really praying someone has been in my boat and can offer any advice....my three and a half year old,son has all of a sudden developed a sleep anxiety at night- i initially thought it was that I had taken his bed rail of his bed to give to a friend who needed it ...he had been in a big boy bed for two years so thought it was ok e then began having night terrors....I bought a new bed rail he slept fine for three nights then it as a thunderstorm.....he was up the entire night and for the past five nights he began screaming bloody murder when I would try to turn the lights off and leave his room...we gave additional night lots and he already had a sond machine I also gave him a flashlight for him to hold....when he would finally fall asleep he would proceed to wake up during the night....the dr suggested melatonin but I feel like it is a short term fix or has anyone else needed to use it and had the child get back into his/her sleep pattern? We have never had any difficultly until now and I am just at such a loss and have such anxiety myself now! I worry constantly about the next storm and how to break him of this awful cycle :-(
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Sleeping at night

• Options
    Can he sleep with the light on? My niece has to sleep with her closet door open and the light on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"