August 2013 Moms

About to POP!

I'm now in my 38th week and about to pop! I really want to induce by my doctor keeps saying take it week by week! The weeks are dragginggggg, and I just want little one here NOW!

Is there any way (besides walking, because I already do that a lot) to get the process going at home?

Re: About to POP!

• A lot of us are in this predicament. I think. 38w and still just waiting.. I'm ok with it. I'm learning a lot about patience with all of this.
  • Sex. Lots of it.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2013
  • Sex... I've been putting it off to keep the baby in... After an hr of my husband Seducing me I gave in.. And might be heading to labor and delivery soon lol
  • Castor Oil
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• I'm over 39w already and I'm over it, but LO will come when he wants to come. My MW told me that they don't plan on inducing until 41w
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• catskitch said:
    I'm over 39w already and I'm over it, but LO will come when he wants to come. My MW told me that they don't plan on inducing until 41w

This! Hang in there. Let LO come on their own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Im going to have to try all of these. With everything ready for him and my bags are packed and carseat is in the car!

I wouldn't be able to wait until 41weeks "/

• Sanguar said:
    Lunges. Jumping jacks. Farting.
    Lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • A prenatal massage. My back was killing me and my massage therapist gave me one. I wont say it made me gointo labor but it felt amazing
  • Pogo sticking.
    Oof.

• Please don't try castor oil. I'm all for the funny stuff, but that one could do some real damage.

However, if you have a trampoline handy...

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • Pogo sticking.
    Oh good Lord! Can you imagine doing this right now? I'm literally laughing out loud, picturing all of us with our big bellies trying to balance on pogo sticks. LOL! I can barely balance on my feet!
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Ive only heard bad things about castor oil....so i'll have to pass on that one.

• Jill9288 said:

Please don't try castor oil. I'm all for the funny stuff, but that one could do some real damage.

agreed. I haven't read the best things about castor oil. please also talk to your doctor before you ingest anything or do anything out of the ordinary.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • Please don't try castor oil. I'm all for the funny stuff, but that one could do some real damage.

agreed. I haven't read the best things about castor oil. please also talk to your doctor before you ingest anything or do anything out of the ordinary.
    yes, don't do it!  I was being sarcastic.

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• LAMuehlen said:
    A prenatal massage. My back was killing me and my massage therapist gave me one. I wont say it made me gointo labor but it felt amazing
    Ditto! I had one this afternoon and she made sure to pay special attention to my lower back and it felt sooooo good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • LAMuehlen said:
    A prenatal massage. My back was killing me and my massage therapist gave me one. I wont say it made me gointo labor but it felt amazing
    Ditto! I had one this afternoon and she made sure to pay special attention to my lower back and it felt sooooo good!
    I would do bad, bad things for a massage right now. Sigh.

• I had a prenatal at La Vida - they are a national chain, my therapist was awesome, and they have first time customer prices that cannot be beat!

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• LAMuehlen said:

Pressure points work if baby is ready. But just go get the massage. It feels amazing
  • skydiving. horseback riding. cartwheels.
    hahahaha this made me laugh. I've been trying sex and walking and spicy foods, but none seem to be working
    :-<
  • My cousin who just delivered two days ago spent an entire week trying every induction technique she could find (minus castor oil) and still spent the whole time at 1 cm an 95% effaced. Nothing worked. 4 days later she was sitting on the couch watching tv and her water broke. Baby will come when ready.

• Jill9288 said:
    Sex. Lots of it.
    IT'S NOT WORKING!

Well obviously you're doing it wrong!

;)

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • I'm taking evening primrose oil (from both ends!) and drinking a ridiculous amount of raspberry leaf tea.  Neither of these things will start labor but the goal is that they'll make it fast and easy [relatively] when it does begin!  I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I'm planning on taking a bit of castor oil next Saturday.  I know the effects sound dreadful, but I think it's still better than a medical induction.  On top of that just do some walking and squats.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm taking evening primrose oil (from both ends!) and drinking a ridiculous amount of raspberry leaf tea.  Neither of these things will start labor but the goal is that they'll make it fast and easy [relatively] when it does begin!  I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I'm planning on taking a bit of castor oil next Saturday.  I know the effects sound dreadful, but I think it's still better than a medical induction.  On top of that just do some walking and squats.  
    Really? I think I would take the induction over uncontrollable diarrhea, which can lead to severe dehydration and risking baby stressing out so much that he passes meconium...which would end in you having a c-section. I suggest you do some more research

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • bouncing on a yoga ball, sex which isn't exactly sexy at 39 weeks, tons of walking, eating spicy food, trying to have stern conversations with my unborn child about the need to exit soon so as not to make mommy crazy, you know, the basics

• bouncing on a yoga ball, sex which isn't exactly sexy at 39 weeks, tons of walking, eating spicy food, trying to have stern conversations with my unborn child about the need to exit soon so as not to make mommy crazy, you know, the basics
    Glad our kid isn't the only one getting the 'talk' every night..

• lkobriant said:
    bouncing on a yoga ball, sex which isn't exactly sexy at 39 weeks, tons of walking, eating spicy food, trying to have stern conversations with my unborn child about the need to exit soon so as not to make mommy crazy, you know, the basics
    Glad our kid isn't the only one getting the 'talk' every night..
    Psh, I've grounded mine already.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't tonight.
    imageimageimageimage

• Jill9288 said: Really? I think I would take the induction over uncontrollable diarrhea, which can lead to severe dehydration and risking baby stressing out so much that he passes meconium...which would end in you having a c-section. I suggest you do some more research
    You're right, neither are good options.  Most studies I've seen that show a correlation between meconium and castor oil use suggest that it's likely that both are the result of an overdue baby, not that one causes the other.  I plan on speaking with my obstetrician about this option in even more detail at my appointment this week and I don't suggest anyone take castor oil without doing the same.  But... I wouldn't say that you should automatically rule it out either.  Here's hoping that this will be a moot point by next weekend!  Fingers crossed!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You could try eating pineapple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Acupuncture.  Labor cookies.  Neither worked for me, but labor cookies are delicious and acupuncture was pretty relaxing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I swear he is trying to crawl out of me half the time. COME ON UTERUS GET THE MESSAGE
    image   image
  • I swear he is trying to crawl out of me half the time. COME ON UTERUS GET THE MESSAGE

This! Seriously

[-O<

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"