Missouri Babies

Thinking of ditching the blog?

I started it in an effort to document our lives, sort of a virtual scrapbook but I am feeling overwhelmed with it lately. Plus, with blurb not able to suck up blogger anymore, I am rethinking the whole shebang.

I want to have a written account of things in our lives, so I am thinking of just typing my notes and either use a computer journaling system or just using Word. It would be without photos but I could go back and actually, digi scrap or paper scrap the two together later. I end up typing a lot of my blog entries at work during down time or at lunch so this would still work with that process too.

What do you think? Am I over thinking the whole blog and memory documentation thing? I am slightly OCD and a Type-A personality so sometimes I over think! :)

Do you keep some sort of memory/life record with stories and details and such? If so, how?

Re: Thinking of ditching the blog?

• Oh, I love blogs.  They are my new favorite thing in life recently.  I became more and more into it as my pregnancy went on.  I love to write so I always kept a paper journal.  I probably have 30 notebooks filled with my thoughts through high school, college and so on.  I love going back and reading over what I wrote.  It provides me with a lot of perspective and I am able to learn from myself.  Like now, I look back on some of my posts and think, "I don't give a flip about that now!" and I'm able to laugh about it.

It was only recently that I felt comfortable enough to share my thoughts with the public.  If I ever feel uncomfortable I will just make it private.  I used to take big long breaks and thought about deleting it about a year ago.  But then I decided to make an effort to post more.

You could make it private if you don't like having it floating around out there.  I, for one, like reading your posts!

• I have thought about starting a blog, but then I wasnt sure what I would write about and who would really care to read what I have to say. I am also not very good with writing down my thoughts so I dont think blogging is the thing for me.

It sounds like you really enjoy doing this in your down time, so I think go ahead and keep it up. 

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageshakespearenluv:

Oh, I love blogs.  They are my new favorite thing in life recently.  I became more and more into it as my pregnancy went on.  I love to write so I always kept a paper journal.  I probably have 30 notebooks filled with my thoughts through high school, college and so on.  I love going back and reading over what I wrote.  It provides me with a lot of perspective and I am able to learn from myself.  Like now, I look back on some of my posts and think, "I don't give a flip about that now!" and I'm able to laugh about it.

It was only recently that I felt comfortable enough to share my thoughts with the public.  If I ever feel uncomfortable I will just make it private.  I used to take big long breaks and thought about deleting it about a year ago.  But then I decided to make an effort to post more.

You could make it private if you don't like having it floating around out there.  I, for one, like reading your posts!

Do you still write in a paper journal? I think I am trying to write too many places...I have a paper journal and then the blog...plus some stuff gets put to FB and MS to keep peeps updated there too. 

• imageJen748:
    imageshakespearenluv:

Oh, I love blogs.  They are my new favorite thing in life recently.  I became more and more into it as my pregnancy went on.  I love to write so I always kept a paper journal.  I probably have 30 notebooks filled with my thoughts through high school, college and so on.  I love going back and reading over what I wrote.  It provides me with a lot of perspective and I am able to learn from myself.  Like now, I look back on some of my posts and think, "I don't give a flip about that now!" and I'm able to laugh about it.

Do you still write in a paper journal? I think I am trying to write too many places...I have a paper journal and then the blog...plus some stuff gets put to FB and MS to keep peeps updated there too. 

Most of what I keep on paper is my poetry.  I write a lot of poetry.  And I mean a lot.  It has always been my outlet since I was 15-years-old.  I sometimes get overwhelmed writing/updating so many places.  I mean, with blogger, FB, MS, the Nest and another specific support forum I am on it gets tough to keep up.  I spend much less time on FB and MS now.  My blog is where I keep most of my daily/weekly thoughts.  It also helps me organize my photos since I'm taking a freaking ton now!

• imageshakespearenluv:
    imageJen748:
    imageshakespearenluv:

Most of what I keep on paper is my poetry.  I write a lot of poetry.  And I mean a lot.  It has always been my outlet since I was 15-years-old.  I sometimes get overwhelmed writing/updating so many places.  I mean, with blogger, FB, MS, the Nest and another specific support forum I am on it gets tough to keep up.  I spend much less time on FB and MS now.  My blog is where I keep most of my daily/weekly thoughts.  It also helps me organize my photos since I'm taking a freaking ton now!

In my teen angst years I was a poetry writing fool...I kept most of them...I reread them a few years ago and I swear, I lived in a state of depression and oppressive thoughts for awhile!

I feel like I am not able to write in my journal b/c I am overwhelmed with other writing...so it feels like I am duplicating my thoughts. I love to elaborate and dive into personal thoughts/conflicts in my journal, more so than my blog. I guess I have viewed my blog as the life happenings but then I am restating everything in my journal to add my more personal thoughts/feelings to it. 

Does that make sense? Maybe this is more of a writing thing than a time thing...I don't know!!! :)

• I like reading your blogs too!!! ?Who am I to talk though when I don't keep up on my own blog?! ?I mainly post pictures there for family members to see since they don't have FB or MS. ?I've always felt like there wouldn't be anyone who wanted to read what was going on in our lives, but I'm sure everyone feels that way and I enjoy reading other peoples blogs. ?I guess I'll always have FB and MS to stay updated on what's going on with you and that baby girl...would you keep your photography one updated with pics of Samantha?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"