April 2013 Moms
Options

NBR- Babysitting

So friends of DH want me to babysit their DS who is 6. It would be on Saturdays from 11am to 6pm. How much should I ask to get compensated? I have no idea what the going rates are these days...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR- Babysitting

• Options
    Wow I was going to say 30-40 for the day.... U r babysitting not a day care nor expected to have educational activities.. Idk
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    15-20/hr. Umm some professionals make this. Sounds like a lot for just babysitting. [-X
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say at most, $10 an hour.
  • Options
    I pay our sitters between $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS is watched by a lady in her home and she charges $20/day.
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would only get $20 a day.

• Options
    My DH who is Mr. Nice was thinking of telling them we'd do it for free! No way! I figure we'll be feeding him lunch and dinner so we would at least not want to lose money by watching him. We just moved and I am a SAHM so we could use a little extra money. I think the flat fee for the day sounds good. So maybe between $40-$50 a day? Thanks for the responses.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it also depends if you are providing the meals and snacks for this kid. Charge extra if you are paying for this. A little less if he is bringing his own food each time.
  • Options
    I pay my sitters 17-20 an hour. Depending on experience. We are currently in the DC area.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    keadokeado member
    I'd say 8-10 an hour. They could get a teenager to watch a six year old. A baby or multiple young kids is different.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    keadokeado member
    Another alternative is swapping babysitting services. Might work out well for you guys too.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"