St. Louis Babies

Nanny share in/near CWE?

We're new to St. Louis and expecting in late June 2013.  I'd like to avoid traditional day care and go the shared nanny route, if at all possible.  How do people find these opportunities?  I'm not sure where to even start looking...

Thanks!

Re: Nanny share in/near CWE?

• I use a daycare but just wanted to say welcome to the CWE!  It's awesome.
  • Thanks!  Out of curiousity, what daycare do you use?  I'd like to do a cost comparison...
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, I forgot to check this board for a while...it's so slow.  We use the daycare at St. Louis Children's Hospital. 
  • We have a nanny that we are currently sharing, but the other family can no longer afford it after May.  I would love to talk to you and give you more details!  Our nanny has 14 years experience and is wonderful, and has great references from her other families.  My email is alicia559 (at) hotmail (.com)
  • Hi, I'm interested in a nanny share as well, I'm just across town in Tower Grove. 

I have a one month old, and will be looking for childcare beginning mid-July.

Hope to hear from you.  

Shannon 

• We are relocating to St. Louis (Shaw neighborhood, near CWE and near Tower Grove) and looking for a nanny share for our younger son (4 month old) in the mornings, while his big brother is at preschool.  We are looking to start in the later summer/early fall.

Shannon, would you be interested in discussing more?  I have never used The Bump message feature, so I haven't been able to figure out if I can message you privately!

Katherine 

• Hi Kathrine and Shannon,

I'm late joining this conversation, but I just moved to Fox Park (1 block from Tower Grove East) and am also interested in nanny sharing.  Have either of you made any progress on this front?

Lisa

• Hi ladies,

I realize I too am late joining this conversation, but I wanted to inquire to see if you've established an arrangement yet.

My family and I are relocating to St. Louis for work, and I'm very interested in a nanny share arrangement with a few other families.
    A little information about us...we are a family of three - myself (Meghan), Nick, and Deklen, our three month old son. I recently accepted a position with the City of St. Louis Health Department and Nick is a forensic scientist for the St. Louis County Police Department Crime Laboratory in downtown Clayton. We currently live in Illinois, but will be moving to the St. Louis area some time in September, we are aiming for Labor Day weekend. Because of the city's residency requirements for employees, we are searching for a home in CWE, Dogtown, or the North/South Hampton area but are flexible with all locations of interested families so long as it isn't too much out of the way.
    We're very interested in the nanny share because it would allow more focused care for our son, while also providing him some peer companionship. Deklen would need full-time care Monday through Thursday.

Please feel free to contact me  at megrhagerty@gmail.com if you are interested and would like to discuss any further details, specifics about the nanny, parenting philosophies, or other information. We would love to establish this arrangement as soon as possible.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"