Babies on the Brain

Cold feet before TTC

Gonna be getiing off BCP in one week..... After almost 7 years of being familiar w my period im heading into unknown territory.... But the unknown is really f-ing scary! The question is not if we are ready ( we are 100% ready) but being responsible for another human being for the rest of our lives is overwhelming!!! I know we just have to dive in and take it a month at a time, since I'm gonna chart a few cycles before we actually try.... I guess I just need some comforting advice from ladies who've been there or are going through it. :) Anyone else freak out a bit when deciding to ttc/ getting of BC? Consider putting it off for another month for the chance you'd be ready then?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cold feet before TTC

• A little random.... But I mentioned the one week till I'm off BCP to fiancé and all he said was oh god your hormones are gonna make u crazier huh..... San af a betch!! Lol

• I felt the same way after I got off the pill-we had actually stopped "trying" for a couple months. Now I'm kicking myself for lost time. I'm sure that once we do get pregnant (assuming we can), those feelings will come back again. I just tell myself, "if those teen moms can do it, we certainly can"...
  • Loading the player...
  • It normal to be nervous. Parenting is a huge commitment. We are expecting #3 and sometimes I'm still a little "wtf are we thinking?".
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Of course it can be nervous, especially when you've been trying to avoid getting pregnant for so long.  Once you dive in, though, it's worth it.
  • My fiancé and I recently made the decision to start trying as well. I stopped the pill 3 weeks ago and I was a nervous wreck. He actually told me he was going to have to take my pills away and hide them. Lol! I already have a 13 year old so it's not like I haven't been there before. Don't worry girly, it's normal to have those fears and worries.
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Thanks girls!! I know it will be worth it and it's all just nerves from excitement :)

• We tried for 6 months last time around before getting prego. I read books and lurked here a bit, I mean I prepared and tried and when the tests were negative I was really sad. Then when the 2 lines showed up my first reaction was still "oh crap, what did we do?!?"... lol. But you are already ahead of the game by planning/preparing. You'll be ready. Good luck :)

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• I'm feeling that way right now, as we just decided to TTC #4.  #4 will be our last, niether of us doubt that, but I'm sort of thinking, "Eeeeeek!!!  Am I going to be a mess having a family of six people??"
    I just had my iud removed, but now I'm chickening out from the weirdest things.  Like, I saw an RV driving the other day with 2-3 bikes on the back.  I thought, " OMG, how will be fit SIX BIKES somewhere if we want to go for a cool bike ride as a family??"

But....I have to laugh at myself.  How is fitting 5 bikes that much easier than 6?  How is fitting 5 people at a restaurant booth much easier than 6?

Breathe...

• I'm feeling that way right now, as we just decided to TTC #4.  #4 will be our last, niether of us doubt that, but I'm sort of thinking, "Eeeeeek!!!  Am I going to be a mess having a family of six people??"
    I just had my iud removed, but now I'm chickening out from the weirdest things.  Like, I saw an RV driving the other day with 2-3 bikes on the back.  I thought, " OMG, how will be fit SIX BIKES somewhere if we want to go for a cool bike ride as a family??"

But....I have to laugh at myself.  How is fitting 5 bikes that much easier than 6?  How is fitting 5 people at a restaurant booth much easier than 6?

Breathe...
    #4 ?! I never wanted kids till I met my husband... then I wanted 3 or 4! My husbands grandparents had 6 children and they are the closest family I have ever met. I had a brother and single mom, so i did not grow up with extended family and huge gatherings. I hope i can give the huge family experience to my kids someday too. I bet the Holidays are so much fun at your house! Baby dust to you :)

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~

• You know, it's funny, I didn't want more than 2 kiddos.  My husband wanted 4.  Then, once we had the first 2, he wanted to be done. Ha.
    After our first two grew up a bit and were 3 and 4, he admitted that he was ready for another.  Then we said we're *probably* done.  But I knew we weren't....  I was just scared of having FOUR KIDS.  It's a lot!!
    I finally just got the point where I concluded,  ok....  I haven't felt 'at peace' with saying we are done right now.  But... I feel *completely* at peace saying we'd be done after #4.  So....  that must be the answer.  4 completes our family.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm afraid of it a teensy bit!  I love the idea of a big family once the kids are older, and DEFINITELY when my kids are grown and married with kids... I love knowing that there will be a large family.  (Then again, I live in Utah, so four kids isn't "a large family" around here...)
    I just know that 4 young ones could be scary.  Luckily, my first two are already school-age, so the gap between the first set of two and the second set of two will help keep us sane.
  • I go back and forth thinking I'm ready and then second guessing it. I feel that extreme disappointment when I get the BFN so that reassures me that I'm more ready than I probably know. It's a huge life decision though and I think it would be weird not to be anxious or nervous. I just want to make sure that we want this and it's not just society telling us we should ...hope this all makes sense!
  • Thanks for the replies! It really makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one! We havent set a number for how many kids we want but are sure we at least want two.... We're kind of thinking lets see how the first one goes then decide lol I come from a family of 5 and his is 8 so he knows what it's Ike to be raised in a large family. The holidays are defiantly fun and even if we don't have many kids they will still be surrounded by tons of cousins and family. My parents family all live in Mexico so I'm not close with them much, although one grandma had 20 kids (yes 20! Lol 3 sets of twins!!) and the other 8, I wasn't raised knowing what it was like to have aunts uncles and cuisines around so I'm happy my fiances family is close and I can give my kids the experience :)

• Me and DH made a deal. He wanted 2, I wanted 3. We have a boy now. So if the next is a girl, then we are done. But if it's another boy, then we will have a 3rd. I pretty much win either way :) 

~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"