August 2013 Moms

She is here . Long

My little girl was born yesterday.

As a FTM I was expecting labor to be long but it went so fast I couldn't get an epidural even I I wanted to.

I went to L & D at about 9 am with irregular contractions that could not be timed and bleeding. They told me I lost my plug and the I was 100 percent effaced 2 cm dilated. My contractions had stopped so they sent me home.

As soon as I got home my water broke. I labored at home for about 20 minutes just to be sure it was my water and not a pee pee pants situations. Contractions were still irregular

I went back to L & D around 12:30 ish. They confirmed my water broke and I was 5 cm dilated with intense contractions that seemed to be one on top of the other. At this point I wanted the epi. i was planning natural but it seemed all too much. within the 10-20 minutes it took me to get into a birthing room I was fully dilated and ready to push. I had no choice but to go med free. My little girl was out with 30-40 minutes pushing. It was intense . She is beautiful and perfect. I love her soooo much

I don't post daily so I wasn't going to post my birthing story but I want other FTMs to know that 1. Things don't always go slow, so don't have your heart set meds 2. Contractions are not always patterned or regular for everyone, so call your ob when in doubt 3. no matter how your birth goes, you get through it and the end result is the most amazing day in the world.

Good luck ladies. You rock
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: She is here . Long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"